Pre-converted (Century?), I want to run a bullet guide to use ak mags.

I just picked up my first rifle from my lgs. It's a saiga 7.62 that's been converted. My LGS didn't know who'd done the conversion, but the box and sales sheet had Century Arms listed on it. I'd like to use standard AK pattern mags, not saiga ones. Will I run afoul of 922® if I install one? I don't have any documentation stating which parts are us made, and I don't see any stampings on the stock/trigger/etc. to indicate place of manufacture.

If your parts aren't US made, you'd be violating 922r every time you insert ANY mag as you'd be assembling a non compliant weapon.

Contact Century to see what parts they use in their conversion. I'd be willing to bet that they are US parts. I wouldn't be willing to bet my ass though. Compliance parts are cheap and easy to install.

922r deals with assembly only....

That said, non compliant weapons are bought and sold all the time.

ETA: Every time you insert a mag, you are assembling a firearm. If your weapon has the evil features, but not the parts count, it doesn't matter where the mag was made. You'd be the one assembling the non compliant weapon...Saiga mag or not.

Edited by jbanzai

So here's my almost completely useless response from Century:

---

Good Morning;

While all our firearms are assembled to comply with Federal regulations, our policy does not allow me to release the content data of a specific firearm. Outside of the new pistol grip, I would expect most of the parts to be inside the action. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

---

I guess I'll start from scratch and build up with known us parts.

What mags came with the weapon? Foreign or domestic?

You can bet Century used Tapco FCG (3-922r),American buttstock (1-922r), & US made PG(1).

Makes your their build 922 Compliant.

Use any fricking mag that will fit.

• 2 weeks later...

This is your answer!

"While all our firearms are assembled to comply with Federal regulations"

Century has stated to you that they have complied with the Federal law!

Done and DONE!