drilled wide. Should be fine?

During my conversion. I did this: post-42786-0-23573900-1341262587_thumb.jpg

I went a little wide drilling out the bottom rivet that sits in front of the converted trigger position. Im thinking this will have zero effect on the function of the gun. Any input is appreciated. Yes I know I did a complete amateur job on my conversion. Im not a handy person and this is the only mistake I made.

Thanks for the support comrades, You know any little mistake you make on the receiver the first reaction is to flip out! I was fairly confident the firearm would function great, but any kind of intentional or unintentional receiver modification makes me nervous.

Plug it with a nylon plug and its good to go.

I never drill the TG rivets. prefer to shave them down with a rotatory bit . Leaves no u-needed holes.

Just FYI for people new to using carbide cutters, these things throw very sharp and fine chips. Absolutely wear some means of eye protection that is tight fitting to the face. The higher the RPM, the easier it is to control the tool as well.

• Like 1

For not being a handy person, you had balls enough to tackle it and got the job done. It is yours and as long as you are happy with it.... mission accomplished.

Thanks a bunch man! Its been a fun project for sure. Ill post here when I post my conversion pics in that forum.

Plug it with a nylon plug and its good to go.

I never drill the TG rivets. prefer to shave them down with a rotatory bit . Leaves no u-needed holes.

Just FYI for people new to using carbide cutters, these things throw very sharp and fine chips. Absolutely wear some means of eye protection that is tight fitting to the face. The higher the RPM, the easier it is to control the tool as well.

Good advice Evil, also a good dust mask cause you don't want to inhale any shavings.