Project M10.... Russian folder retrofit

Nice! Do you plan on dumping that Tapco foreskin? For something more favorable?

I am thinking hard about a reflex can for it and may even make my own on a Form 1 in 7.62. I do all of this other shit, may as well try that too. I have to admit that I don't hate the Tapco FH as much as I thought I would, but I put a barrel nut on it today. This thing is amazingly light for a fullsize AK.

Well, you certainly improved that Cugir!

Great work as always, evl. :up:

I think it surpasses anything I seen anyone else do with one of these M10s, so far, and it was cheap enough that I won't feel bad about raising hell with it. I modified an Arsenal 2 stage from a SGL-21 for it and fired 60 rounds through it today. 2 shot strings were a breeze and well aimed fire at 20 yards from my rest produced 3 shots in a ragged hole. It shot tight, but the sights are a bitch for me to see indoors. It seems like the notch in the rear isn't deep enough to acquire quickly. I may do a little work to it.

That's quite nice. I've never liked the look of the folding solid buttstocks, personally. I noticed you replaced the front-end, too. That's not the Tapco flash hider on yours, though; it's something M+M designed. Only the Gen1 M10s had the Razr flash hider.

I recently bought an M10 (5.45x39) myself. I'm planning on putting a Beryl folding stock on it, along with a MI SS-AK rail with FastFire top cover. Undecided about whether I'm going to go with tech sights or SBR it yet. Not SBR'ing it would be something of a shame... it's almost perfect for that.

• Like 1

That's quite nice. I've never liked the look of the folding solid buttstocks, personally. I noticed you replaced the front-end, too. That's not the Tapco flash hider on yours, though; it's something M+M designed. Only the Gen1 M10s had the Razr flash hider.

I recently bought an M10 (5.45x39) myself. I'm planning on putting a Beryl folding stock on it, along with a MI SS-AK rail with FastFire top cover. Undecided about whether I'm going to go with tech sights or SBR it yet. Not SBR'ing it would be something of a shame... it's almost perfect for that.

I think the muzzle device is a "tamed" version of the Razor. All I did to the front was make a functional detent on the FSB and straighten the sight.

Ooops.... yes, I took the UTG quad rail off of there.

I agree,

I kind of want to SBR it, but then again I want to make a Reflex can for it.

Edited by evlblkwpnz