Are solenoid operated triggers legal?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The definition of a machinegun:   "Firearms within the definition of machinegun include weapons that shoot, are designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one s

Do whatever the fuck you want. I couldn't give a shit less. I was just offering some food for thought. You obviously doubted the legality of this build because you posted the topic. Now you didn't lik

I agree with Shandlanos. Some people, including myself, are against the idea of guns having wires. I was a F14 Tomcat mechanic, F14s had all mechanical flight controls (push pull tubes, bell cranks, e

One trigger operates the main sear to fire the first shot and a second trigger to release the disconnector to fire the second shot. The other way to get a similar capability is to have the run fire a round when you pull AND realese the trigger. These ideas are nothing new and have been discussed on the web for years.

I was thinking about this thread... as well as other threads similar to this in the past... I had my own musing: has anyone looked into the legality of something of progressively staged trigger?-My thought is something where you pull the trigger to 6 o'clock, it fires the first round, pull further to 8 o'clock it fires a second round... or even something resembling the appearance of a trigger safety with one trigger set within the other.

THIS is DEFINITELY illegal, one shot per trigger pull folks!

Is it? The idea is basically a trigger that is pulled in such a way that your finger then pulls a second trigger, in that way its one pull motion but two triggers being pulled.

Yes, it would have to be two seperate triggers, otherwise the weapon fired twice during the full pull range of the first trigger.

Edited by turbotezza

One trigger operates the main sear to fire the first shot and a second trigger to release the disconnector to fire the second shot. The other way to get a similar capability is to have the run fire a round when you pull AND realese the trigger. These ideas are nothing new and have been discussed on the web for years.

I was thinking about this thread... as well as other threads similar to this in the past... I had my own musing: has anyone looked into the legality of something of progressively staged trigger?-My thought is something where you pull the trigger to 6 o'clock, it fires the first round, pull further to 8 o'clock it fires a second round... or even something resembling the appearance of a trigger safety with one trigger set within the other.

THIS is DEFINITELY illegal, one shot per trigger pull folks!

Is it? The idea is basically a trigger that is pulled in such a way that your finger then pulls a second trigger, in that way its one pull motion but two triggers being pulled.

Yes, it would have to be two seperate triggers, otherwise the weapon fired twice during the full pull range of the first trigger.

Yeah, did you guys just get on the web yesturday. haha.gifHey-wait-a-sec-this-is-a-repost_c_136009.jpg

Out of curiosity I had looked into this some years ago and attached any mechansim that is electronically activated by motor or solenoid was sticktly Verboten by ATF unless you are SOT manufacturer's licensed.

Of course if you want to risk 10 years of Bubba a$$ pounding at Levinworth you are more than welcome to build it and take it to the local range and have a test case. Afterall, Cousin Janet and Holder need distractions for the Obomination turd to get re-elected.

Noboma.jpg

Edited by Flame Red