Installed My New Furniture

big_smile.gif Today, I received my new vented gas tube and lower handguard retainer from DinzagArms.com. I gotta say, the quality and workmanship is well worth the money and short waiting period. Also, last week, I got my Russian Red laminated furniture kit made by Timberline ... absolutely beautiful!!!

All parts went onto my IZ132 sporter within 45 minutes. EVERYTHING fit perfect with absolutely NO mods on anything. Parts are all tight with no rattles or noises of any kind.

The baby feels so much better than stock because fitment of the polymer parts was kinda sloppy from whoever did the compliance mods on importation. (I thought).

post-37421-0-91880200-1341345272_thumb.jpg

I didn't bother installing the hand grip. I got big paws and it was kinda 'dainty'. Besides, I really like the Tapco grip with the finger grooves ... that grip is about 20% thicker and gives me a much more positive handle on shooting.

So, I guess instead of 3 more 922r compliance parts (like the Timberline package says), I only added 2 more as the black Tapco grooved one is already counted from the factory.

Thanks to you ALL you guys on this forum!! Without all the info I got from all the posts, I may have assembled a 'beater'.

It was from here that I learned about the necessary parts needed from DINZAGARMS as well as lots of suggestions on furniture suppliers. Heck, I didn't even know the piston was where it was - otherwise - I probably would've messed for hours with hammers and a cuttin' torch just tryin' to remove the original gas tube! Your collective comments did it for me!!!

Edited by bluezguy
  • Like 2
...I didn't bother installing the hand grip. I got big paws and it was kinda 'dainty'. Besides, I really like the Tapco grip with the finger grooves ... that grip is about 20% thicker and gives me a much more positive handle on shooting...

Are you sure that's a Tapco pg? The pic isn't the best, but that looks more like a MD Molot grip, (which is superior), to me.

...I didn't bother installing the hand grip. I got big paws and it was kinda 'dainty'. Besides, I really like the Tapco grip with the finger grooves ... that grip is about 20% thicker and gives me a much more positive handle on shooting...

Are you sure that's a Tapco pg? The pic isn't the best, but that looks more like a MD Molot grip, (which is superior), to me.

Ya know what??? ... I just assumed it was a Tapco grip because everything else is Tapco parts for the conversion. There is NO I.D. marks whatsoever on it. So I guess I'll amend my statement as soon as I contact the conversion company on July 5th ... and I will - gotta know.

Thanks for pointing that out.

All you guys who got your IZ132 already converted from Classic Arms in North Carolina ... did yaz get the same grip???

Looks great. I've been thinking about doing the same thing to mine.

How do you decide which gas tube (vented vs. non-vented) to go with?

If you have a non-vented gas block you should use a vented gas tube, but as Saiga rifles do have vented gas blocks you can use non-vented gas tubes or vented(just for looks).

Looks great. I've been thinking about doing the same thing to mine.

How do you decide which gas tube (vented vs. non-vented) to go with?

Thanks ... To me, it was simply a cosmetic choice to get a vented tube.