Now a member of the SLR-107F club

Nothing compares to an AK100 folder. That's a Cadillac, for sure. I don't have any Fs, but I have a some URs.

post-22401-0-42265300-1341370077_thumb.jpg

Nice! I have a SBR AR but not an AK. Awesome SBR you got there.

Don't encourage him. He's got 4 or 5 of those.. it's just obscene. :D

Nice 107F, RedChallenger! :up:

• Like 2

post-22401-0-75843500-1341378201_thumb.jpg

Nothing compares to an AK100 folder. That's a Cadillac, for sure. I don't have any Fs, but I have a some URs.

I only have 3 URs.... but I have 5 Dracos ;)

• Like 2

I only have 3 URs.... but I have 5 Dracos ;)

You, my friend, are both a patient and lucky guy. The cost and hoop jumping on one SBR wore on my patience. To make it worse I ordered a AAC suppressor back in April and it is still on freakin back order. Can't even start the paper work until it comes in.

Edited by RedChallenger

I have gotten 4 of 5 back. The last is a M4-2000. I'm about to send out another batch. Probably a SBR M10-5.45, SBR Draco, SBR Mini Draco, and a couple more SBR ARs. I may apply to build a 7.62 reflex suppressor or a 12ga reflex suppressor. Maybe even both.

I'm pretty patient, but I wouldn't say that I am lucky. I sacrifice a lot to get this stuff and live fairly frugal considering my position. It is worth it to me. I love this stuff!

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I only have 3 URs.... but I have 5 Dracos wink.png

Bastard. :P

Yes, I'm a bit envious. :D

On the bright side, I'll bet your ride is a lot nicer than mine. My wife gets the new car and I get guns ;) I'm happy that way though.

evl, you suck and most of all my state sucks.big_smile.gif Red, nice rifle, I've been looking at those too.

You should move the FL. Everyone retires here.... may as well get a headstart!

Bastard. tongue.png

Yes, I'm a bit envious. biggrin.png

On the bright side, I'll bet your ride is a lot nicer than mine. My wife gets the new car and I get guns wink.png I'm happy that way though...

Probably not, but I'll not bore you with my financial woes, as the shit's my fault if I really look at it objectively. You're your own boss, so it doesn't directly apply to ya, but to the rest of the board: do not get fired in this economy. It's worse than you think, thanks Barry. <_<

Anyway, I should be starting a new gig in a week or two, in a new town. This one should be pretty profitable, so I'm looking forward to having a lot more play money than I have lately.

Just don't get interested in the really old-school ones, (they're terrible, you don't want em), and I'll still have somethin cool in my little collection that you don't. wink.png

/end threadjack; back to your reguarly scheduled SLR 107-F appreciation. :D

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Bastard. tongue.png

Yes, I'm a bit envious. biggrin.png

On the bright side, I'll bet your ride is a lot nicer than mine. My wife gets the new car and I get guns wink.png I'm happy that way though...

Probably not, but I'll not bore you with my financial woes, as the shit's my fault if I really look at it objectively. You're your own boss, so it doesn't directly apply to ya, but to the rest of the board: do not get fired in this economy. It's worse than you think, thanks Barry. <_<

Anyway, I should be starting a new gig in a week or two, in a new town. This one should be pretty profitable, so I'm looking forward to having a lot more play money than I have lately.

Just don't get interested in the really old-school ones, (they're terrible, you don't want em), and I'll still have somethin cool in my little collection that you don't. wink.png

/end threadjack; back to your reguarly scheduled SLR 107-F appreciation. :D

Sorry Dude, only 100something days till we can vote these communist bastards out and get the USA back on track. I wish you the best in this fucked up economy.

Any whoos I'm hoping this SLR might be both a investment and a useful tool in the tool box.

Don't encourage him. He's got 4 or 5 of those.. it's just obscene. biggrin.png

Nice 107F, RedChallenger! 032.gif

I only have 3 URs.... but I have 5 6 Dracos wink.png

I bought another one today. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm addicted to the ugly little suckers.

It is hard to pass them up when I can put them in layaway with no money out of my pocket.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Dumb question, how do I remove the cleaning rod?

On my Maadi it's pretty simple.

I'd imagine it's the same as any Legion Saiga, (or other AK-100 series or similar rifle). Take the muzzle device off, then pull outward a little on the rod, (no homo biggrin.png ), and you should be able to slide it forward and out.

I could be wrong.. but I doubt it.

Edited by SNAFU

I'd imagine it's the same as any Legion Saiga, (or other AK-100 series or similar rifle). Take the muzzle device off, then pull outward a little on the rod, (no homo biggrin.png ), and you should be able to slide it forward and out.

I was thinking the same thing, but when I spin off the brake a (very) large threaded section is obstructing removal.

I was thinking the same thing, but when I spin off the brake a (very) large threaded section is obstructing removal.

So bend the cleaning rod out enough to remove it. I suspect you're babying that thing a lot more than is necessary. ;)

• Like 1

Insanity in this discussion, but cool! cool.png

Is it just me and my obsession (5AK vars vs 1 sweet AR)...or is there some kind of obsession built into AK's vs. ARs?

5 Dracos? Mad stacks of Dracos!!! I only got one...

I am up to 6 now. When they come into the shop, I can't stand looking at them very long without buying them. I usually let them stay out for a week or two as an effort to give someone else a shot at them. After that, they are fair game.