Took my converted saiga to the range the other day. I usually only shoot 100 yards because the range i go to wont let you shoot 150 or 200 yards unless you have a scope. So finally went to a different range and shot at 200 yards for the first time. Using a quick detach UTG side mount rail and an UTG 38mm red/green dot sight. Works for now,but im actually looking around for a different red dot set up now. Using brown bear FMJ ammo, shooting off a bi pod. was around 90 degrees and i was averaging a shot per second using 30rd AK mags. Barrel got hot enough to melt part of my front handguard(which im also looking to replace) I have read on here a few guys saying they melted theres or it got hot enough where they couldn't touch it, never understood how you can get it that hot. Well now i do and its crazy how hot it actually got. overall im happy with my saiga, although i still need some more trigger time with it.

Pic of handguard that melted:

2012-07-02_17-48-02_651.jpg

Heres what my saiga does at 100 yards:

2012-05-16_13-29-48_931.jpg

here's 200 yards with no adjustments to the sight- shooting at a different target each time. Dont have the dimensions off hand

First attempt:

2012-07-02_13-00-48_939.jpg

second attempt.The few strays towards the top were me trying for head shots.

2012-07-02_14-05-11_930.jpg

• Like 2

Not bad. I wouldn't stand 200yds downrange from you. Do you have elevation and windage adjustments on your scope? The reason I ask is that it'll help you zero it in for an even tighter pattern. Not sure about your knowledge of scopes is why I mentioned that.

Not bad. I wouldn't stand 200yds downrange from you. Do you have elevation and windage adjustments on your scope? The reason I ask is that it'll help you zero it in for an even tighter pattern. Not sure about your knowledge of scopes is why I mentioned that.

yes i could have adjusted it but with my crap red dot the actual dot is a little to big for my liking and covers a large part of the target.Plus that far away with the target i was using its hard to "zero" it in since i don't have anything to really focus on. Was kind of just aiming for center mass.

Two hundred with a red dot is tough, a super heated barrel doesn't help either. Glad you got to stretch her legs.

Thanks. The farthest i have ever shot. The same range does 300yards on certain days and certain hrs and would love to see how a red dot does at 300yards. I would be extremely happy with hitting a man sized target especially using cheap ammo.

Looks "combat" accurate to me.

Good enough for me also. Didn't know what to expect so i just kept dumping rounds down range. Emptied 10 30rd ak mags before i knew it.

Time to practise with iorns, you should really be able to tighten those shots up. Three Hundred will be luck with the red dot imho.

I have the krebbs rear peep sight.Didn't like the factory rear sight at all. Looking into either modifying the front sight post or changing it out. started sighting it in at 100 yards with the irons but the front sight tool broke and haven't ordered another one yet.

Edited by saigabob