So, I have been looking up various sling options and Im pretty sure I am going to go with the magpul ms3. However, Im kind of confused on the possible mounting points. Can anyone provide some insight on this? I'll attach pics of mine again to give a frame of reference.

To make a single point sling work as intended you need to come up with some way to attach it at the point where the receiver and butt stock come together. But I have seen them done other ways. Not very effective though. Thats about all I have to add for this one I guess. The stock on the ak I have single point sling came with a loop to use so it was good to go. With the stock setup u are using id lean more to the traditional ak sling. Both sling types can be utilized very well if you use them correctly. Single points are really over rated imo.

Well, the nice thing with that ms3 is you can go either way, single or double. Ive seen, somewhere, one of the s12 guys had some kind of mounting option that attached between the grip and the receiver. That looked pretty slick, and seemed like a nice place for a single point.

...Single points are really over rated imo.

Seconded. The magpul "dynamic blah blah" sling is robust and the quick adjust is smooth. That's all I can give it.

Make sure it works for you. The folks I've seen with it are not able to do a graceful switch from one point to two point. That's while standing on a square range with the only stress was me staring at them.

If you set it up in single point plan on never moving it. If you set it up in two point plan on never moving it. Run it in both configs.

If you're talking about a sling on a rifle then I'm making the assumption you're actually doing something with the rifle. This sounds obvious. Most folks are putting together a rifle that never sees anything but a square range and the inside of a rifle case. There's nothing wrong with that. If that is the case(ba dump bump) then most of what I said is moot :)

• Like 1