Cleaning chemicals?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TORKIT

TORKIT

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

What is your weapon of choice when it comes to cleaning, I think I'll rain-x the gas block next time I clean it, what a pain, do you guys know of some super chemical that eats the crud? I'm using all kinds of things, and the brass 12 guage bore brush on a cordless drill like a roto rooter.
I heard mineral spirits and type writer oil works, hoppes sux, awsome and amonia is go for final clean, nitro solvent helps but $$$.

#2 patriot

patriot

America...Love it or get the hell out!

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

http://ballistol.com/

Fighting for your rights whether you deserve them or not. Pro Patria Vigilans
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein ...remember the Four Boxes. Psalm 109:8
Tromix.....When it HAS to be Loud and Proud!

#3 doodi1

doodi1

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Try the Strike-Hold CLP and Gunzilla. Both are excellent products that eat right through crud and make cleaning a lot easier.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#4 TORKIT

TORKIT

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

Try the Strike-Hold CLP and Gunzilla. Both are excellent products that eat right through crud and make cleaning a lot easier.

Cool I'll try em.

#5 steveb327

steveb327

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

I've been using Birchwood Casey GunScrubber, the Synthetic Safe version, for 5+ years. It cuts through everything. I stress the synthetic safe version, b/c their regular product will eat cheaper plastics.

It will look like it strips the finish off the outside, but it's just a little residue. A little light oil, which you're gonna do anyway, and it disappears.

I've also used Formula 3 with pretty good results. Not the best for heavy-duty crud. It's great for regular cleaning and can be used as an oil. The first time I used it was the last time I used Hoppe's. Too bad, though. The smell of Hoppe's brings back some good memories. Someone suggested using it as a cologne.....

Avoid a product called MPro-7, if they still even make it. Sucks.

#6 Goose

Goose

Balls To The Wall

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

I hosed mine down with Winchester brand gun scrubber after I converted and it started running black with the paint that was being eaten off of it. So stay away from that unless you have a tougher finish and know it'll work. I use One Shot on the internals. It's like gun scrubber, but leaves a dry (graphite based I believe??) lube behind after it dries.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion man...

#7 TORKIT

TORKIT

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'm trying to keep cost down, and so far mineral spirits has won, it just melts the goo off the gas parts, was really suprised to get the result from it. I'll going to try mixing just a little typewriter oil with it in a test bottle. less money on cleaner =more ammo.

#8 pvt joker

pvt joker

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

kroil will clean out your gastube and barrel quick

#9 Caged

Caged

Cекира Перуна

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Posted Image
  • G O B likes this
I am now pulling back the thing that you pull back before you fire the gun...

#10 doodi1

doodi1

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

Posted Image

You're either not married, or your wife really loves you! 👍
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#11 TORKIT

TORKIT

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Really CAGED bath salts, lmao.

#12 AK Okie

AK Okie

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

kroil will clean out your gastube and barrel quick

Is that right? We have 50 gallon barrels full of it at work!!!
"My reading of History convinces me that most bad Government results from too much Government" - Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users