have you guys ever thought of putting metal reinforcements in your locking tabs and feed lips. thats the major complaint i hear about you're magazines if you did this sales would defiantly increase.and if you made a 5.45 mag like that right now at a reasonable price they would fly off the shelves.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

We do not have any plans of using metal feed lips or locking tabs. We can not be sure why other companies use metal but I am guessing it is because they are not using as much glass in the polymer as we use, so the polymer is not as strong. If you haven't seen our about us page it provides some detail about our custom Dupont composite. http://www.sgmtactical.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=page&id=4

Even on our Vepr 7.62x54R 10 round mags. Which will be available in 2 weeks we did not use metal in the magazines even though the Molot factory had to use 4 metal inserts. As for 5.45x39 mags I will have to talk to the owner and see if he has any plans on making some.

• Like 1