Seeing as two posts already went to "The Shithole" and deleted over the same lets keep this one civil. I think we can all agree there is a different driving force behind what each of us do with our Saigas. Jerry52 is new and may not understand the history of beating dead horses here. IF he sees it, he sees it. If not, then no worries. We all love our hobby....

This public service announcement was brought to you by beer. beer.gif

Have a safe Labor Day!

no... I mean dead horse or not.. I do NOT get it...

under a $100 bucks.. and a few hours of my time.. and I can use cheap.. reliable.. readily available magazines... on top of that they drop free making mag changes faster..

$30 per I can use any one significantly rarer magazine system that is compatible with hardly anything common..

Show me a logical reason to stick with either uncommon saiga specific magazines.. or foreign produced expensive significantly more rare magazines that require modification to work...

It is not like you can buy a dozen galil magazines and just use them out of the box... you are modifying either way.. why not modify for a cheaper drop free common magazine system..

I am tired of hearing this nonsense because there is NO logical reason to do something like that...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

God this section makes my head hurt.....   I have a suggestion   As bad as I hate "polls"... I think it would be cool to see a 'question / answer' poll here... in which ONLY people who actually HA

Exactly, dead horse is right. To sum it all up I think some of us are just a little weary of the dead-ended/round & round/ Think-Tank BS/should I or shouldn’t/ great adapter debate that took place

just got back from the range and put the first batch of ammo through my AR magwell equipped Saiga.... flawless with the exception of a couple nose dives... a bullet guide should resolve all issues...

Posted Images

Seeing as two posts already went to "The Shithole" and deleted over the same lets keep this one civil. I think we can all agree there is a different driving force behind what each of us do with our Saigas. Jerry52 is new and may not understand the history of beating dead horses here. IF he sees it, he sees it. If not, then no worries. We all love our hobby....

This public service announcement was brought to you by beer. beer.gif

Have a safe Labor Day!

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Exactly, dead horse is right. To sum it all up I think some of us are just a little weary of the dead-ended/round & round/ Think-Tank BS/should I or shouldn’t/ great adapter debate that took place prior to Jerry’s post here and in the other adapter threads. I certainly didn’t want to go down that road again.... Ditto, Have a great Labor Day!

• Like 3

I see it ,I see it , did not mean anything in my statements , not on duty to day so I am going to thread a siaga barrel for a flash hider.

You guys have been taking a simple statement i made for conversation and jumped all over me . Did I not say I wished you the best, Did I not say that Siagas are a great gun to do what you want . I do not think I will post here any more!

I see it ,I see it , did not mean anything in my statements , not on duty to day so I am going to thread a siaga barrel for a flash hider.

You guys have been taking a simple statement i made for conversation and jumped all over me . Did I not say I wished you the best, Did I not say that Siagas are a great gun to do what you want . I do not think I will post here any more!

Keep posting and don't let it get under your skin jerry52. Folks here are very opinionated and outspoken. Nothing wrong with your post, in my opinion.

I wouldn't sweat it.... as Canoecanoe said everyone is a bit grimace.gif around here. Be a duck... let it roll off. Vlad red_heart.gif his rifle if you hadn't noticed.

Stick around and post pics when you're done. victory.gif

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Exactly, dead horse is right. To sum it all up I think some of us are just a little weary of the dead-ended/round & round/ Think-Tank BS/should I or shouldn’t/ great adapter debate that took place prior to Jerry’s post here and in the other adapter threads. I certainly didn’t want to go down that road again.... Ditto, Have a great Labor Day!

Everytime I see that GIF I think of the movie Office Space and the hatred for that fax machine.

office-space-beatdown.jpg

What makes it even funnier. The "Jump to Conclusions" mats. (for those can see the relvance)

He+actually+made+it.jpg

big_smile.gif

I think you just came to the party a little late, sorry if it sounded like you got blown out of the water. As MSA stated there was a thread (a ridiculous one) that was removed which likely fueled some of the comments that came your way. It was one of those “does the adapter give you a warm and fuzzy feeling” posts that served NO purpose whatsoever. In fact the OP and another member just went on and on and on and clearly with no intention of installing the device but continued to post some very bewildering “IMO” replies just the same. So for myself I was thinking here we go again w/o seeing that you were new and didn’t know myself the other nonsense thread had been removed. Again I installed the adapter so I would only like to see relevant info that pertains to the adapter the rest of the nonsense from the folks that just come to post only to build up their post count we could do without

Edited by Another-Saiga-Fan
  • Like 2

post-1293-0-28420700-1346737041.jpg

God this section makes my head hurt.....

I have a suggestion

As bad as I hate "polls"... I think it would be cool to see a 'question / answer' poll here... in which ONLY people who actually HAVE an MSA / TAKD mag adapter, are even allowed to post!

OK for those new guys who don't know, aside from Nathan (TAKD/ MSA), I myself have as much or more experience with this product, and all aspects of it....as anyone else alive. This can not be disputed by anyone, and anyone who wishes to try and do so is more than welcome to try...just please start your own thread... bad_smile.gif

I MAY JUST START SAID POLL MYSELF if this post gets enough 'likes'... (let's say.... 7....000.gif )

In such a poll, I would like to see certain things addressed:

1. Was your adapter shipped in a satisfactory time period from the time you ordered. (Please note that anyone replying in a negative fashion, should IMO be responsible for posting proof of said order, with DATES and stats on just what occurred that made them so unhappy.) Only reason I even put this in here is...what if someone only claims they ordered, but didn't receive product, when in fact they really never ordered, or canceled their order and won't admit it? For those that actually did have one of the OLD orders, during times when this project wasn't yet in full swing... well the dates will show such....

2. Did it ship with concise instructions for installation? If not then what would be an improvement?

3. Did you install it yourself, or get someone else to do it?

4. What methods were used to remove the small amount of material necessary to seat the adapter.

5. In your opinion, after actually USING the adapter, did it or did it not function as advertised?

VERY SIMPLE PEOPLE... who else is sick to fucking DEATH of all the BS???? Who is responsible for all this BS anyway??? Adapter OWNERS???? HELL NO!

Ya know it's really hilarious actually... HOW MANY Saigas or AKs has ANYONE seen on the 'used' market....with the mods done to accept and use the MSA / TAKD adapter? WELL??? Seriously I mean it... how many? I know I sure haven't seen any myself. Wonder why that is.... hmmmm....shocked.gif

Maybe... just maybe something like this (STICKIED IN THE .223 AND TAKD SECTIONS BTW) is what it will take to eliminate all the misguided and mundane threads we keep seeing posted by naysayers...OVER AND OVER AND OVER good GOD MAN!! <goes back away from .223 section again for awhile...> eyes_droped.gif

• Like 4

Please no more polls. Very eloquent statement Cobra, you summarized it very well. Any AR shit should be moved to the http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/forum/21-other-weapons-rifles-non-ak-based/

The three or four threads on this have been quite interesting. I have seen statements like " I need the exact depth" I haven't seen to many of these fine firearms that are made with the exact same dimension. The other part that is quite funny is the complete lack of SEARCHING.

P.S. I am patiently awaiting a chance to try the B.AS.T.A.R.D.

I wish money grew on trees..... but that's not gonna happen. I'm doing everything I can to get this out. This has turned out to be more involved than making the original adapter. Way to many things to get cleared and researched.

• Like 1

I wish money grew on trees..... but that's not gonna happen. I'm doing everything I can to get this out. This has turned out to be more involved than making the original adapter. Way to many things to get cleared and researched.

Understood, so quit posting and get back to work big_smile.gif

Understood, so quit posting and get back to work big_smile.gif

I promise one thing.... I'm doing just a single production run on the BASTARD then taking a two week vacation. Then when I'm refreshed will do another but not before I had a two week proper vacation.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

just got back from the range and put the first batch of ammo through my AR magwell equipped Saiga.... flawless with the exception of a couple nose dives... a bullet guide should resolve all issues...

as long as the trunion holds this will be one of my favorite guns yet.. really like it.

Saiga 556

Magpul CTR

Ace Pignose Adapter

Ace Internal Block

Dinzag Tapco G2 FCG

Hogue Grip

MSA AR15 Magwell

Magpul Pmag

Magpul MS3

Kvar Lower Handguard

CSS Lower Handguard Retainer

Ultimak Gas Tube

Vltor Quick Release Flashlight Mount

Surefire G2

Aimpoint H1

Does AR to AK adapter work only with PMags or any other AR mags?

Ya know it's really hilarious actually... HOW MANY Saigas or AKs has ANYONE seen on the 'used' market....with the mods done to accept and use the MSA / TAKD adapter? WELL??? Seriously I mean it... how many? I know I sure haven't seen any myself. Wonder why that is.... hmmmm....shocked.gif

Maybe... just maybe something like this (STICKIED IN THE .223 AND TAKD SECTIONS BTW) is what it will take to eliminate all the misguided and mundane threads we keep seeing posted by naysayers...OVER AND OVER AND OVER good GOD MAN!! <goes back away from .223 section again for awhile...> eyes_droped.gif

Well gee... out of the MILLIONS of x39 AK's in the world.. how many 223/5.56's do you see for sale on the used market? Hmm? I don't see many. So there lies your answer. The 223/5.56 is ALREADY the minority. Add to that an even LESSER minority (adapter for AR mags) and you get the gist. So out of MILLIONS of x39's, THOUSANDS of .223/5.56's, and maybe HUNDREDS of 223/5.56's with adapters... it's no surprise you don't see any on the used market. Availability is NEVER a guage of quality.. it is a guage of RARITY. That's not to say it's not a quality mod... it's just a RARE one.

Well gee... out of the MILLIONS of x39 AK's in the world.. how many 223/5.56's do you see for sale on the used market? Hmm? I don't see many. So there lies your answer. The 223/5.56 is ALREADY the minority. Add to that an even LESSER minority (adapter for AR mags) and you get the gist. So out of MILLIONS of x39's, THOUSANDS of .223/5.56's, and maybe HUNDREDS of 223/5.56's with adapters... it's no surprise you don't see any on the used market. Availability is NEVER a guage of quality.. it is a guage of RARITY. That's not to say it's not a quality mod... it's just a RARE one.

I am selling my 556 saiga... not because I dont love it... but I just need to fund another project... sad to see it go.. but choices have to be made..

Edited by vladtepes