Took it to the range today and wanted to get a good feel and maybe some high speed shots of the recoil difference between 38special and 357magnum. I wanted to start off with some 38's to get used to this new gun. I loaded and fired the first 6 just fine. Then I loaded a second 6 of 38's and closed the cylinder. I tried to index and lock the cylinder for the fist shot and it didn't want to lock in at first. I spun the chamber a few times and finally it locked. Then I went to fire the second 6 but this time cocking the hammer. I went to cock the hammer and it was like it was connected to nothing. So I went to pull the trigger and it wouldn't move. Then I went to release the cylinder and eject the live rounds to see what was going on and the cylinder release wouldn't budge! So I tapped the butt of the hand grip on the wooden bench I was at and that let me pull the cylinder release back but I still had to tap the cylinder on the bench to get it to release. Got the live rounds out and went to inspect but nothing will happen action wise while the cylinder is open so I attempted to close it again and it seemed like it was canted and going in at an odd angle even though visually it was straight. Once the cylinder was closed I went ti cock it and nothing. Pull the trigger and nothing. Release the cylinder and nothing yet again! At least it is safe and clear now lol. Registered the gun with Chiappa and put in warranty work request so we will see how their customer service is.....seeing as how this happened ONLY after the first 6 rounds they need to throw in some extras! lol

post-34773-0-72811100-1341801572_thumb.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you check for the RFID

You bought a Rhino and are complaining about the looks of a Hi Point....

Well took the Rhino 40DS to the range yesterday and everything went very smoothly. Went through a box of 38's then a box of 357mag with no issues. This thing shoots so well and even the girliest of gi

Posted Images

My sympathies, but if you had only asked I would have told you to get a Hi-Point JHP45 instead. Not that I'm cheap or anything.

Well I've wanted a Rhino since they came out....because they are unique and loom good. The thing is they aren't like other wheel guns because of the bore being on the bottom cylinder and with it being on the bottom cylinder the hammer and striker/firing pin are on the inside of the gun. The "hammer" on the outside is just a lever that cocks the strikers inside. Then there is a red indicator that pops up on the left side of the "hammer" to indicate that it is "cocked". I don't think I could ever buy a high point with my own money lol not because of the reliability issue, I mean I did buy a Saiga-12 lol, it just the look of them is terrible. If it was the only thing I had to choose from then maybe lol but only maybe!

Adding this to my list of guns to never buy. Good luck, I hope you get it all worked out.

Don't count it out just yet...I did my research on this pistol and heard great reviews. Hopefully mine is a fluke. I'm half tempted to find out what's wrong myself but I'll let the manufacture take care of it. And like I said they better throw in some extras like the trigger job they offer!

Edited by BLK-HWK-VET

Did you check for the RFID

Yeah I did lol.....I posted the picture of it with the grip off and mine did not have one.

You bought a Rhino and are complaining about the looks of a Hi Point....shocked.gif

I like the way the longer Rhino looks not the snub nose ones. I guess to each his own...just like women lol.

Sux to take a chance on something that stands out so much and then have it fail. As a fellow Chiappa owner (50DS in .357 who hasn't had any issues as of yet) I am interested in the details of how this works out (both with the gun and with support). From what I read there were some quality consistency issues initially but support is supposedly very responsive. Do you know if yours is "new old stock"?

Fun fact - the Chiappa (and Kriss Vector) can both be seen in the trailer of the upcoming remake of Total Recall starring Colin Farrell. You can decide if that increases the coolness factor or not...(but at least watch the trailer before making a decision).

Edited by some idiot

Well I contacted Chiappa last night and already this morning they sent out the UPS box to send to them. Once it gets here they said it would take between 4 to 8 weeks so guess we'll see lol......I think they should upgrade my trigger like I asked lol.

This is the first revolver that I could put a full box of magnums rounds through in one sitting and not have my hand hurt!

I shot my S&W 4006 and 4566 after it too.

Edited by Dancing Bear

This is the first revolver that I could put a full box of magnums rounds through in one sitting and not have my hand hurt!

I shot my S&W 4006 and 4566 after it too.

Yeah I didn't even get to put any magnum rounds through it lol

• Like 1

If they paid for the shipping then you're way ahead there, most of the manufacturers make you pay which can run around $30+ dollars when you do it right. I know S&W pays but not sure of anyone else.

Yeah they paid...all I have to do is print out the UPS shipping label and send it.

That sucks big time!

My XD9 took a crap when it was brand new.

http://www.xdtalk.co...stop-lever.html

Springfield's CS was topnotch.

I hope you have a good CS experience.

Yeah when the XD's first came out I bought the ported barrel version. It was ported on each side, 4 I think, right behind the front sight so there was a thin piece between the two. Besides the fact the front sight would get dirty real quick lol, that thin strip of metal separating the two rows of ports broke right at the front sight. Springfield was on top of it and even switched out the frame color from black to FDE!

My sympathies, but if you had only asked I would have told you to get a Hi-Point JHP45 instead. Not that I'm cheap or anything.

Well I've wanted a Rhino since they came out....because they are unique and loom good. The thing is they aren't like other wheel guns because of the bore being on the bottom cylinder and with it being on the bottom cylinder the hammer and striker/firing pin are on the inside of the gun. The "hammer" on the outside is just a lever that cocks the strikers inside. Then there is a red indicator that pops up on the left side of the "hammer" to indicate that it is "cocked".

That's way too confusing. Seeing as how I could probably shoot myself very easily with a normal gun I'd be downright dangerous to myself with that one.

Total Recall came out in the 80's.

Thanks, I totally couldn't recall.