The Rhino came back this week so the wait wasn't too bad. Function check complete and everything is working the way it should. Taking it to the range this Sunday to put it through its paces..AGAIN lol. There will be a video of it in action with some high speed footage to sow the recoil!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you check for the RFID

You bought a Rhino and are complaining about the looks of a Hi Point....

Well took the Rhino 40DS to the range yesterday and everything went very smoothly. Went through a box of 38's then a box of 357mag with no issues. This thing shoots so well and even the girliest of gi

Posted Images

Did they do the trigger work you were hoping for? Or did they just repair and return?

Ok here's the deal with all that. I asked them about the trigger job and they said they didn't recommend it because of light primer strikes. Then I asked about the 9mm cylinder the you can easily swap out with the 38/357 cylinder. They said they weren't in production yet, but it says they are on their website. Finally I asked about the polymer holsters for the longer barreled Rhinos (the snubs come with a leather one) they weren't available either lol. At least I got it back quick lol.

• Like 1

Ok here's the deal with all that. I asked them about the trigger job and they said they didn't recommend it because of light primer strikes. Then I asked about the 9mm cylinder the you can easily swap out with the 38/357 cylinder. They said they weren't in production yet, but it says they are on their website. Finally I asked about the polymer holsters for the longer barreled Rhinos (the snubs come with a leather one) they weren't available either lol. At least I got it back quick lol.

Well, its always good to get a little extra, but since they got it done quick and if it works when you take it out tomorrow, then all's well. Good CS would be to give ya anything you want, but I guess their opinion on it differs from mine beer.gif

Edited by VR6Shooter

In the name of full disclosure - I took my Rhino 50DS out this weekend and had an issue where it would fail to turn the cylinder when firing or pulling the hammer\cocking lever (which was very hard to pull at times). I thought it might just need a good cleaning but after only a few shots the issue would start again. So I guess I will be contacting CS as well... Will try to update this thread if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

Well took the Rhino 40DS to the range yesterday and everything went very smoothly. Went through a box of 38's then a box of 357mag with no issues. This thing shoots so well and even the girliest of girls could shoot this because of the straight back recoil insted of muzzle flip. Video to come....got some good high speed shots too!

• Like 3

Sweet, glad to hear it's running well so far. Can't wait for vids; do you have another similar-length wheel gun you could do a slow-mo comparison with?

Great idea!......I have my S&W Governor. I'll do slow mo shots of it shooting 45acp, 410ga, and 45long colt. That should be decent to compare with the Rhino's 38 and 357mag.

• Like 1

I like the way the longer Rhino looks not the snub nose ones. I guess to each his own...just like women lol.

I agree man, I would crap my pants if someone pointed the long one at me. It looks like something Arnold Schwarzenegger would use before reeling off a stupid pun.

Yeah, I just about jumped out of my chair when I saw it in Total Recall. The original was much better though.

If they do the 6" in .44mag I may need to pay the ridiculous price for one of these. Sort of the 'dark brother' to my dads Dirty Harry .44mag.

You guys should get a kick out of this.........so EVEN with the problem I had with the 40DS Rhino locking up after 6 rounds of 38's what did I go ahead and do?

post-34773-0-97252900-1345678740_thumb.jpg

It just shoots so well I had to....plus its the length I wanted originally! big_smile.gif

I'm still waiting on that part 3 video........*taps foot* 021.gif

Yeah Im going to shoot part three this weekend. My friend and I are going to spray paint some ply wood white and mark off distance in inches for recoil/muzzle flip. We are going to take high speed video of the recoil of both the 40&60DS in 38&357, XD 9mm, S&W Governor 45long colt, block 45acp and see how they all stack up! It might be a longer video due to the slow-mo but I'll trim it down to the recoil shots like in part 2.

Also I might be getting some girls to model and shoot the guns for me in bikinis or revealing tops! Do you guys want to see tits jiggle in super slow-mo from hip shooting my saga-12 or what?

• Like 1

hahahaha I hope you knock fpsrussia off youtube

SO DO I BROTHER!......sadly he has a deal directly with Youtube but if my videos start to take off who knows. I think they have a much better chance of getting more views if hot chicks with tig ol bitties are shooting them in a few! I got some great new angles I want to try too!

• Like 1

SO DO I BROTHER!......sadly he has a deal directly with Youtube but if my videos start to take off who knows. I think they have a much better chance of getting more views if hot chicks with tig ol bitties are shooting them in a few! I got some great new angles I want to try too!

his stuff is tired, ya he's a youtube partner, I've got quite a few friends that are, funny enough couple buddies used to roll with him when he just did MW videos and no accent. I respect him since he built it all with nothing, but he gives idiotic advice.

if you do to much of the girly stuff you won't get picked up I can bet you, the reason he took off was the HEAVY videogame angle he had, and already had a ton of popularity because some users he knows and his commentary stuff.

I'll talk with a few people and get some good tips for you on how to increase views, they should know part of their income is from youtube...

Produce some gun videos with Giorgio Tsoukalos. If he sucks at shooting he blames aliens, if hes good.....he thanks the aliens. Either way, you get the Ancient Aliens crowd to your channel

my friend and I were saying that there should be a webseries with Bane and Giorgio Tsoukalos as roomies lol

• Like 1

I got some great new angles I want to try too!

Angles with tig ol' bitties?exciting.gif

What else would I have been referring to my good sir? lol

his stuff is tired, ya he's a youtube partner, I've got quite a few friends that are, funny enough couple buddies used to roll with him when he just did MW videos and no accent. I respect him since he built it all with nothing, but he gives idiotic advice.

if you do to much of the girly stuff you won't get picked up I can bet you, the reason he took off was the HEAVY videogame angle he had, and already had a ton of popularity because some users he knows and his commentary stuff.

I'll talk with a few people and get some good tips for you on how to increase views, they should know part of their income is from youtube...

That would be awesome thank you!

Yeah I wouldn't do too much with the "tig ol bitties" just a couple to keep interest like a special episode kind of thing.

• Like 1

Produce some gun videos with Giorgio Tsoukalos. If he sucks at shooting he blames aliens, if hes good.....he thanks the aliens. Either way, you get the Ancient Aliens crowd to your channel

my friend and I were saying that there should be a webseries with Bane and Giorgio Tsoukalos as roomies lol

You know something. My wife fuckin hate that guys HAIR!..lol all kidding aside though if you look at the first few episodes of Ancient Aliens there is a lot of credible info. The problem was when they picked it up as a series they ran out of points to talk about because they very quickly went through most of the theory too quickly. Then they just started pulling shit out of their asses.

• Like 1

you still never answered my question or you are ignoring me about your friend's sister :P

...watch her be your wife and now this shit is ackward...

LMFAO.....no she isn't my wife but she does gave a boyfriend. That guy Richie in the "shooting bullets out of guns" video.

• Like 1

you still never answered my question or you are ignoring me about your friend's sister tongue.png

...watch her be your wife and now this shit is ackward...

LMFAO.....no she isn't my wife but she does gave a boyfriend. That guy Richie in the "shooting bullets out of guns" video.

right on I just had to be typical internet cave dweller for a min heh