Saiga 308 Mags

We've been burned before, but I may have found a source for 308 mags.

I was looking for 8 round mags, but the fellow I've been talking to says he might be able to get 12 round mags. I'll keep you posted. He says that He would sell the mags for $40 - 45. This looks like it will be a small order of about 500 mags to test the waters of demand. If this works out, I've already asked for 4 mags.

BIG BIG IF, it might help if I was able to tell him about the amount of interest in these mags. Also, if there is interest in the 8 round mags.

I think any factory mag is better than the one that I have right now!

I do not want to get any hopes up, The fellow that I'm talking to did not think there was a big enough market for the 308 mags. A small demand would cause either a big $$$ cost for mags or no mags at all, while a greater demand would lower the price.

Again BIG BIG IF, IF these mags (12 Rounders) became available, would you be interested?

There is no need to ask that question. Of course there are many here who are intrested. Everyone is just gunshy of promises. If you can produce proof of availability I'm sure people would buy. I still only have one 8 rounder for my .308. If it were to brake I would be screwed.

I bought 8 rounders from some joint over in england. Cost me 44 gbp apiece and I had to do a little fitting work when they arrived, but they have run perfectly on the two range visits since they arrived. They came in an ammount of time I felt was quick considering they are gunparts from outside U.S. I don't think 4 extra rounds is enough a reason to pursue something other than stock. Give me at least seven extra rounds (I really want 12 over stock) capacity otherwise it probably isn't going to be worth the hassle to get something other than stock 8 rounders. Besides, if ya can't hit it in one. . .. well my daddy always said ya didn't deserve to pull the trigger. Extra capacity is just something to have laying around for SHTF, engaging multiple gungrabbers or what have ya. Hunting or plinking, just like the old T.V. show, eight is enough. I do want Hi-caps, but I don't NEED them. A reliable importer in the U.S. sure would be nice, not that the Brits weren't a pleasure to do business with.

I simply would like more than one mag. 8 rounders are fine by me, but if 12 rounders are available that would be my choice. All I do with my saiga is target shooting. I have found that I can hit a 1" circle (Quarter) at 100 yards pretty much at will.

I am not trying to raise hopes, I am trying to demonstrate a viable demand while working with a possible supplier (who is already selling Saiga mags)

Honestly at this point any mag would sell because there is none available.I have only one eight rd mag and personaly will wait until the day 20rd+ mags show up.We all know the 20+rd mags will be the Holy Grail,12rd mags will fill the void only untill then.The eight rd mags should be available once the Saigas start being imported again soon.

Dragon, you are wrong. There is no such source and no such mags. It would be better for people to keep quiet about hi-caps for the Saiga .308 unless and until the mags have been tested and produced. One working mag is worth more than all the baseless promises and claims.

Monomonk

We've been burned before, but I may have found a source for 308 mags.

I was looking for 8 round mags, but the fellow I've been talking to says he might be able to get 12 round mags.  I'll keep you posted. He says that He would sell the mags for $40 - 45.  This looks like it will be a small order of about 500 mags to test the waters of demand.  If this works out, I've already asked for 4 mags.

BIG BIG IF, it might help if I was able to tell him about the amount of interest in these mags.  Also, if there is interest in the 8 round mags.

I think any factory mag is better than the one that I have right now!

Dragon, you are wrong. There is no such source and no such mags. It would be better for people to keep quiet about hi-caps for the Saiga .308 unless and until the mags have been tested and produced. One working mag is worth more than all the baseless promises and claims.

Monomonk

I said I may have found a source, I do not know if there are 12 round mags, I do know there are 8 round mags. If they can be had here a lower prices, that would be good. Don't try to flame me for letting everyone know about the possibility. I have not made a baseless claim, as I have not made a claim at all. I have not given the possible source name, because as burned as some of us have been in the past, I did not want this person flamed before the proverbial ball gets rolling.

I am like others who are just waiting to see if this works out. If it works, Great, if not, then I for one will be in the same boat I started in. No harm and no foul.

Like I said before I do not want to raise false hopes, just testing the waters of demand hoping to demonstrate that there is a market for 308 mags. I found this fellow because He was already bringing in saiga mags for 223, X39, and shotguns.

I asked and was told that he did not get these because the demand would not support the price that would be charged for the mags.

dragon

• 2 weeks later...