Kobra died, need help finding a replacement

My Kobra EKP-8-02 died and I need help deciding on another collimator sight. My criteria is that the sight be: Around $200, authentic Com block, and sit low and over the bore.

Here's my observations on the current crop of Com block sights:

1) Another Kobra. The current price is 3x what I paid back in 2008. Too pricey.

2) Rakurs, PK-AS, etc. Sit too high for my taste. Also, too pricey.

3) PK-01. Kind of pricey at about $300 (2x what I paid in 2008). The PK01-VS and PK01-V versions sit low and over the bore and I especially like the fact that these two versions co-witness at 100 yards!

4) PK-A. In my price range. Seems like it sits low enough. Doesn't sit over the bore.

5) PK-23. In my price range. Seems like it sits low enough and over the bore. But I don't know about the blinking retical.

So I'm leaning toward either the PK-23, PK-A, or the PK01-V . . . am I missing anything? Any preferences between the three?

Edited by LESchwartz

I like them all, most partial to Rakurs, Obzor and PK-AS. I can understand why they aren't your first choice but they are worth thinking about.

PK01-V is probably the best of the actual red dot's. 500 hour battery life which about 3-5 times as long as PK-A and PK-23 but they cost a bit more than $200. Lowest and most centered of the ones you have listed.

PK-A is my personal favorite but the PK-23 has excellent reviews from owners that have them, they are well regarded.

Z

PK01-V is probably the best of the actual red dot's.

I went with the PK01-V based on what you posted here as well as on your web site. Primarily because of the ability to co-witness at 100 yards you mention on your web site. Kalinka is having a 15% off sale till Sunday, which brought the PK-01-V down to around $250! (Plus Kalinka's shipping was really reasonable a $12 via USPS.)

If I could have got another Kobra for around $350, I would have purchased another one of those instead. But even at the sale price, it was still around $390.

Larry

PS: I haven't given up trying to repair my Kobra, but I need to find another dead one I can use for parts. If anybody has one they want to sell, contact me via PM.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to sight-in my PK01-V this weekend . . . WOW! Cowitness at 100 yards, great cheek weld, clear a a bell, and more accurate that I remember my Kobra (rip). Also, incredible battery life: I accidentally left the battery on for about two weeks and it was still going when I got to the range!

My only regret is that I didn't by two at the sale price.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...