UN Arms Treaty and 5.45

I thought this would be a good thread because this would be affecting us if other nations decided to stop shipping out guns, ammo, and mags.

Does anyone know how badly this will affect us if this goes through. I know they will not be able to ban guns here in America, they would need 2/3 majority in the Senate to get it done, and they don't have that now, but how will it affect other nations shipping in guns, ammo and parts for our beloved Ak 74s?

Im concerned that ammo in 5.45 may stop coming in bulk if this is passed, or that we will no longer be able to get our hands on foreign mags. Will they stop importing Saigas altogether?

Also, would it be smart yo buy deep in 5.45 as a investment if this does occur, and then sell it for twice as much to other people? Would be a nice way to profit off of something so stupid. I know they will make this round in the US, I just like getting my ammo super cheap. Any thoughts, or concerns?

Im not so much concerned about Russia as I am Bulgaria. That is where I get a lot of parts, and I believe it is them who sells us our surplus ammo. I could be wrong, but I was under that impression. Also if the US does sign it will restrict weapons and ammo from coming into the country, regardless if Russia wants to sell us their fun toys. That is the problem, we will still be able to buy american made guns, but no more foreign guns, which siagas and most AKs happen to be.

Not that the Constitution is relevant to this administration, but according to it, the senate is needed to approve international treaties by a 2/3 majority. That won't happen.

Never say never. . .

This treaty is pretty scary shit. This treaty would trump the constitution if the Senate had the 2/3 vote to ratify it. The same Libtards run the Senate that passed Obahma Care. This is the perfect avenue for them to kill the 2nd Amendment with out ever having to ammend the constitution. There are enough Republicans that are Libtard thinkers that will go along with voting it in to save all of us from ourselves.

Then most would think it would go to the Supreme Court, and we saw how well that worked out the last time there was a Constitutional issue.

If it went to the Supreme Court the decision would read something like, "The public voted them into office and they are only executing the will of the people. . ."

Sorry for Hi-Jacking the thread-

Back on topic. The treaty only signed by Obuhmer should mean nothing to import guns and ammo. Russia typically ignores this administration. Last I knew the Russians weren't big plyers in the UN. They only joined to act like they play nice with others. So we should be good.

this has been a sad year for our freedom. but after this obama care bullshit got held up, and watching panetta tell congress to basically fuck off, i dont have any faith in our legal system, or feel that we are being represented by those in office. if they want it law then it will become it. the surplus 5.45 will be gone like a fart in the wind. and the same goes for our beloved saigas, and all our parts.

The problem with this treaty is that other countries will go for the ban. If USA says no, then who is to say that the other nations that export 5.45 ammo will continue to do so? Their countries may get tied up in all this. This isn't just about the USA. If Bulgaria and the Ukraine sign into this then they are no longer shipping us their products that we all so very much love! Im not concerned about losing my gun, I don't want to have less Bulgarian circle 10 mags then there are now, nor do I want the surplus ammo to dry up. This could very well happen, regardless what the US says.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...