Saiga Shotgun Chokes

Any plans to thead the ends of the chokes???? Like this:

5271774.jpg

that would be super_man.gif super frikn spectacular and I would 500% be down for a set or two of threaded chokes. I just need one business with the capabilities to pull the trigger and make them.

Any plans to thead the ends of the chokes???? Like this:

5271774.jpg

that would be super_man.gif super frikn spectacular and I would 500% be down for a set or two of threaded chokes. I just need one business with the capabilities to pull the trigger and make them.

Although this would be awesome because it would be modular and allow you to put something on the end of the choke, I don't think it will work for this set since the end is tapered. In addition, the end would also be the size of the inside of the bore with threads on the outside, so nothing would fit it.

Nothing a few turns on the lathe wouldn't fix. And if they can make these, it shouldn't be too hard to make a modified version and charge for the extra labor. Molot seems to have figured it out. Nohing a compitent cnc programer shouldn't be able to make. Or even someone with a metal lathe could do it I'm sure. I could be wrong

In addition, the end would also be the size of the inside of the bore with threads on the outside, so nothing would fit it.

How so? The choke end gets necked down to the same OD of the OE barrel and then threaded the same as an OE muzzle.

The external threads would be the same as on the muzzle end of any S12. Its essentially a barrel extension with female and male ends, just with a choke built into it. It would add a butt load of length to it and look goofy as shit. Could be a good option for chopping the barrel down and bringing the OAL back to non NFA specs.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

In addition, the end would also be the size of the inside of the bore with threads on the outside, so nothing would fit it.

How so? The choke end gets necked down to the same OD of the OE barrel and then threaded the same as an OE muzzle.

The external threads would be the same as on the muzzle end of any S12. Its essentially a barrel extension with female and male ends, just with a choke built into it. It would add a butt load of length to it and look goofy as shit. Could be a good option for chopping the barrel down and bringing the OAL back to non NFA specs.

I think you're right, I don't know what I was thinking when I was looking at the picture AZG posted. Would definitely be cool to have the ability to use a choke and a break if you wanted to.

AZG - are those made for the S-12?

Edited by FOURBUX