Unofficial Treaded Choke Interest

If there are any forum members that would be interested in having a pair of these, please speak up. If there is enough interest, perhaps someone/company will make them. There is currently nothing on the market like it to my knowledge except internally threaded chokes but that doesnt suit the function I want it for. I would like to still be able to use a flash hider or brake. These are currently made by Molot and are not available here in the US. Any takers????

5271774.jpg

I forsure would be down for two sets.

EDIT: a few more pics courtesy of papa zorro

IMG_9480.JPG

IMG_9479.JPG

Edited by AZG
  • Like 2

I'd love the ability to tighten the pattern on my s-12 and have a brake or flash hider. I'd want one. (Google Image searching this image yields only 2 links to a Russian gun forum...I'd say we are a long way out from these.)

Ya mean like this(rifled choke tube), I also have a full, modifed and bore choke threaded.

I threaded them my self to fit the Molot brake. With Cobray's adatper it is all possable.

post-37682-0-01001500-1342576807_thumb.jpg

Edited by RED333
  • Like 2

Ya mean like this(rifled choke tube), I also have a full, modifed and bore choke threaded.

I threaded them my self to fit the Molot brake. With Cobray's adatper it is all possable.

Ummm, you....aahhhh.....should....ummm SEND THAT TO ME FOR SOME TESTING!!!!!!!!

What exactly did u do?

Pretty cool RED333 :up:

I have a paradox choke but don't think it's thick enough to thread. And also lack the threading tool

Ummm, you....aahhhh.....should....ummm SEND THAT TO ME FOR SOME TESTING!!!!!!!!

What exactly did u do?

Pretty cool RED333 032.gif

I have a paradox choke but don't think it's thick enough to thread. And also lack the threading tool

!st of all THAT IS MY LINEhaha.gif

Cobra's adatper will take a mossy, browning invector(not the plus), winchester and othres.

I found the browning rifled choke on ebay, got the die there as well, TAT from a vendor here.

I got the other chokes on line, cant remember where right now, Went to threading and I have what I need as far as chokes and use them with a Molot brake, only draw back, well look at this pic. My Sagia is as long as a truck bed is wide, well close. I can take all of it off and make it stock.

post-37682-0-08710400-1342581431_thumb.jpg

If any business's do decide to take this on, I hope they make "sets" and not just one size choke as that wasn't what I was talking about.

Very interesting....

Very interesting indeed. ;-)

Edited by AZG

For $25 for a full choke one, sure. Then I could use my brake with a choke. The shorter the better.

For all other purposes, internal threads or the Cobra/AKbuilder adapter is my choice.

Where did REd333 find a paradox with 22x7.5RH external threads on the end? run a tap on yourself? Good idea. I' should look into doing the same. Now to find someone nearby to borrow the tools from...

What would the point of one of these in "cylinder" be in a set? Substitute "Turkey" to the above list and then you would have added utility. Otherwise just use the comp without the cylinder extender, and reduce the price of the set.

Or substitute one in Paradox with 5" of rifling.

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1

Where did REd333 find a paradox with 22x7.5RH external threads on the end? run a tap on yourself? Good idea. I' should look into doing the same. Now to find someone nearby to borrow the tools from...

I bought mine from rusmilitary. He said he got his off of ebay with the tools and threaded it himself. Not sure if he used a paradox though.

What would the point of one of these in "cylinder" be in a set?

good point, none at all. Dont really need the cylinder in the set.

Substitute "Turkey" to the above list and then you would have added utility. Otherwise just use the comp without the cylinder extender, and reduce the price of the set.

Or substitute one in Paradox with 5" of rifling.

Great ideas

Now that I think about it, I would be happy with a rifled choke and a full choke as a set. but having options is a great idea and would widen the spectrum a bit for other possible customers.

Edited by AZG

Where did REd333 find a paradox with 22x7.5RH external threads on the end? run a tap on yourself?

They are not paradox on mine. Cobra adatper and choke tubes I picked up.

I cut the threads external on the chokes myself, so to fit the GK-10, got the die off ebay.

That thing needs a high powered scope wink.png

At one time I did, a cheap 3x9, but went with the dot, I like it better. Edited by RED333

I have no idea on price, yet...we're still just talking about it. Since we are doing rifled slug barrels, we will have rifled barrel blanks on hand to make paradox chokes as well. However, when I offered paradox chokes for sale back in 2006-2007, I had a lot of interest on the board, but only a couple of guys ever bought one. They were a bit pricey though, since they were hand made on manual machinery, and cut from a $300 Pac-Nor blank.

Tony

Sounds like I might be better off trying to get them from molot. With all due respect to Mr.Rumore, tromix charges premium for their parts/services. Not a premium everyone can afford or is willing to pay.

Maybe if there was a way to reduce manufacturing costs to increase profit while keeping cost low enough for the average s12 user can afford.

EDIT:

I was just pondering about these last night and I think theres enought meat to thead on the paradox

a pic for example:

The rifling

I know it looks crooked but its just the camera angle.

Edited by AZG