Unofficial Treaded Choke Interest

An adapter that allowed different chokes to be used and had external threads for a brake would be ideal. A poly choke with threads for a brake would be good. A set of chokes each threaded for a brake would also good. Basically, I am interested in something...

• 1 month later...

These are exactly what I've been looking for but I NEED it to be shorter. The one Tony showed is as long as I think I could go. Tony is there any chance of making it any shorter? Could it be done for around $40 a pop? I need a Modified, Full, Extra Full (turkey) if possible and would like a rifled one but it's not necessary. Please feel free to PM me if it's not something you can put all out yet.

There is a good solution to the GK-01 choke problem. I posted this on another thread but here is more information. My gun is threaded for internal chokes. A collar is machined to precisely fit the barrel OD and held on with red Loctite. It is a light press fit. The factory metal threads are machined out of the GK-01 and the GK-01 ID is then machined to fit the OD of the collar. The GK-01 is held on to the collar by a button head cap screw. I'm left handed and welded up the side vents on the right side of the GK-01 since they are only for a right handed shooter. To change chokes, the GK-01 is removed as shown in the second picture and the internal chokes are changed in the normal manner. I originally tried making a long choke wrench tool to change the chokes with the GK-01 installed, but you really need to see what's going on rather than trying to fish around down inside the comp.

post-31037-0-73080700-1347250118_thumb.jpg

post-31037-0-40533100-1347250142_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tony,

I'd be interested in a paradox choke as long as it was threaded on the end to allow a break. I'm sure interest and price range walks a fine line I'd feel comfortable around $100-150 price range. I want to say thats about the going price of a Russian made paradox.

Edited by Jeluvsk