SIDE RAIL SCOPE MOUNT

I was thinkin on getting this side mount with a red dot. I'm not a fan of the quad rails and I would like to red dot closer to the stock for sighting than the quad rails provide. The titan is too expensive and too heavy for me. Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

post-41636-0-38750700-1342540318_thumb.jpg

Edited by BOB A. BOOEY

I was looking in the premier issue of Zombie Nation magazine and there is an add for midwestindustriesinc that shows an AK scope mount that is very close to the top cover. Looks like a good one, though kind of pricey. Castalia

post-35033-0-91558600-1342548803_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Castalia

This will be one of the very few times i will steer someone away from CSS....(sorry Greg, i'm a loyal customer, i swear!)

AIM Surplus has the RS mount with a Vortex Strikefire for $260 shipped. Super low mount.

They also have the Midwest Industries mount side mount for ~$110. Extremely low mount as well.

Edited by Mullet Man

This will be one of the very few times i will steer someone away from CSS....(sorry Greg, i'm a loyal customer, i swear!)

AIM Surplus has the RS mount with a Vortex Strikefire for $260 shipped. Super low mount.

They also have the Midwest Industries mount side mount for ~$110. Extremely low mount as well.

I might be interested in the midwest but $260 is way out my price range. Low profile is key and quite honestly Im unsure why all of them wouldnt be lower. Isnt that the goal to get a better sighting closest to what the factory sights provide?

Ive been giving Greg a lot of my money lately. It doesnt look to change. CSS shipping is ridiculously fast. They have good stuff too.

Edited by BOB A. BOOEY

That $260 price for the RS mount includes a decent red dot sight....

Most mounts are made for AK rifles with traditional sights. The S12's factory pistol sights sit way to low to co-witness with a side mount.

Greg has acquired alot of my money as well.

I'm confused as to what the side-rails attach to on the S-12...

Also, BOB, consider that the $260 option comes with a solid optic as well, so the price reflects both. I've heard of the Vortex Strikefire as a solid alternative to EoTechs and more expensive optics options.

Most mounts are made for AK rifles with traditional sights. The S12's factory pistol sights sit way to low to co-witness with a side mount.

Yeah I was going to add a bolt on iron sight, a traditional Ak sight I think to co-witness.

Yeah I was going to add a bolt on iron sight, a traditional Ak sight I think to co-witness.

Hmm...has anyone done this for co-witnessing? I'd say getting a successful co-witness is hard, especially with mix-n-match parts.

I have the Titan on my S-12. It is heavy, but it's not unmanageable. The Chaos sights also co-witness with an Aimpoint microdot (or a Primary Arms microdot for a cheaper option). It can be an expensive setup, but the Chaos rail not only looks amazing, but is rock solid quality.

Hmm...has anyone done this for co-witnessing? I'd say getting a successful co-witness is hard, especially with mix-n-match parts.

I have the Titan on my S-12. It is heavy, but it's not unmanageable. The Chaos sights also co-witness with an Aimpoint microdot (or a Primary Arms microdot for a cheaper option). It can be an expensive setup, but the Chaos rail not only looks amazing, but is rock solid quality.

Yeah Im not interested in all that. The Titan is just too much. I do like to keep the weight down and after my conversion Im not looking to drop another $300 + on more crap to mount onto my gun. Im just looking for a decent sight option.

Yeah Im not interested in all that. The Titan is just too much. I do like to keep the weight down and after my conversion Im not looking to drop another $300 + on more crap to mount onto my gun. Im just looking for a decent sight option.

Kreb's Ghost ring and bolt on front sight probably co-witness, if you still want/have the ability to use your rear sight mount.

I got one for $30 and a Browning reddot sight for $30 from Sportsmans Guide. They both work really well on mine. It does sit high enough you can still use the factory sights if needed in a hurry. It dismounts, remounts and retains zero. It can be a bit of trouble to mount but is solid once you get it there. It gets beter the more you get used to it.

They seem to have gone up some but what hasn't!

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/ak-side-mount-with-weaver-rail.aspx?a=148293

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/browning-buckmark-reflex-sight.aspx?a=691313&e=Y

Edited by Palidin
  • 1 month later...

Had a side mount from i belive it was legion or something like that, had to get rid of it tho. Ejecting shells were hitting my eotech and bouncing back into the chamber causing FTEATEA (failure to eject and touch earth again). Im probably the only one who's ever had that happen so either way, whatever you pick you should be ok.

I just got 2 US parts and a side mount for ~36 bucks shipped. The side mount was 16 bucks not sure if it is going to work good or not but for the money my fellings won't be hurt either way.

Link to the mount

http://www.dealextre...7-44090?item=10

Edited by thompsoncustom

MIdwest industries is the way to go and it is no 260.00 go to there site it's only 109.00 whoever told you 260.00 paid way to much. So for those looking for a great en- expensive micro red dot check out bushnells TRS-25 put it on my S-12 and it is awesome I'm goin to get another for my WASR and mount it to my Midwest industries side rail scope mount

Edited by Warthog35F

MIdwest industries is the way to go and it is no 260.00 go to there site it's only 109.00 whoever told you 260.00 paid way to much. So for those looking for a great en- expensive micro red dot check out bushnells TRS-25 put it on my S-12 and it is awesome I'm goin to get another for my WASR and mount it to my Midwest industries side rail scope mount

It's $260 including the red dot optic. Thats the RS side mount and the Vortex red dot optic for $260.

It's $260 including the red dot optic. Thats the RS side mount and the Vortex red dot optic for $260.

Hmmm I didnt know you could buy it separately. Oh well I got the other one. Its seems solid but I havent shot it yet with it mounted. More info to come.

Hmmm I didnt know you could buy it separately. Oh well I got the other one. Its seems solid but I havent shot it yet with it mounted. More info to come.

secret_smile.gifsecret_smile.gif