12 gauge uppers don't exist because there's no room for a 12 gauge shell plus the magazine to fit in the lower receiver's magwell. There are other guns that mimic the AR's looks, like the Akdal 1919... but none are actually built off of the AR15 action in the way that the Saiga 12 is built off of the AK action.

Except for a guy's one-of belt-fed 12-gauge upper he built for his M16.

Cool idea, still a jam-o-matic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX7vwivR6cE

http://www.myspace.com/video/twizted-tunez-professional-sound/my-belt-fed-12-gauge-upper-receiver-for-ar15-or-m16/52596068

• Like 1

Theres the Akdal MKA 1919. Its an AR-style 12 gauge. There are relatively few compatible parts however. There was also a .410 AR-style shotgun imported from Turkey awhile back. Think it was called the Safir IIRC? Thats all that I'm aware of.

Seems like with all the .308 AR rifles being made lately that someone would have designed an upper for it. The mag well should be more than large enough.

It should work: http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/73549-converted-g3-mag-for-akdal-mka-1919/#entry718738

I wish there was more than just those videos on the web about that belt fed. That thing is bad ass.

12 gauge uppers don't exist because there's no room for a 12 gauge shell plus the magazine to fit in the lower receiver's magwell. There are other guns that mimic the AR's looks, like the Akdal 1919... but none are actually built off of the AR15 action in the way that the Saiga 12 is built off of the AK action.

Seems like with all the .308 AR rifles being made lately that someone would have designed an upper for it. The mag well should be more than large enough.

My AR-10 lower accepts the mag from my MKA-1919 strangely enough, tiny bit of play, mag catch even works.

• Like 1

My AR-10 lower accepts the mag from my MKA-1919 strangely enough, tiny bit of play, mag catch even works.

Can you interchange uppers?

Can you interchange uppers?

my new AR-10 lower is listed as multi and not 7.62 NATO, but you can either way, unless there are AR-10 lowers out there that don't, I've not heard that *shrugs*

The next gen of recievers from the same guy will have modular mag wells, solid block CNC, and hard coat anodized. The mill work is sexy. I'll have to post pics.