Be careful, it is a really soft wood and gets banged up pretty easy. A buddy of mine had a set and switched to polymer after awhile.

This is correct. If its a safequeen you'll be fine but if you shoot it a lot you'll switch to polymer. I had the same exact set and it gets beat up really easily.

I am happy with the black laminate Timbersmith product I put on my IZ-332. I'm not a weekly shooter and it has held up well. My only gripe is the lack of hand guard retaining clips (which you can fab yourself VERY easily).

Is this what you need to keep the handguards from shifting around? Mine do a little but it's not that bad. I wasn't sure if the old clips worked with the newer stocks I was thinking about getting a pair.

I am happy with the black laminate Timbersmith product I put on my IZ-332. I'm not a weekly shooter and it has held up well. My only gripe is the lack of hand guard retaining clips (which you can fab yourself VERY easily).

Is this what you need to keep the handguards from shifting around? Mine do a little but it's not that bad. I wasn't sure if the old clips worked with the newer stocks I was thinking about getting a pair.

I don't know specifically, but when I installed hand guards without making shims/clips... they shifted a lot. I would imagine most clips will work with most hand guards. The clips should be easily manipulated to fit if too tight or too loose. Just don't over crank things because you might crack the guard you're torquing on.

The other day I seen css had the russian red stock set in stock... after two days of counting my pennies I went to order them and they were out of stock... Shouldve jumped faster

A guy named Sinatra over at AR15.com does great work and will do any color you want.