• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can armchair quarterback this situation till you turn blue in the face but I will say one thing. I would not allow myself to be slaughtered with the fleeing sheep. I'm sure he had to be covering

This is a terrible tragedy but on Memorial day weeked over 40 people were shot in Chicago, 10 expired. The body count for the year, 250. TWENTY TIMES that were killed today. So they are already carryi

Here's food for thought. Up until the September 11 attacks in NYC, the largest mass murder in NYC history occured when Cuban Refugee Julio Gonzales killed 87 people inside the Happy Land Social Club

Posted Images

another reason to pack heat at all times. it makes me wonder how many would have been saved if someone had been carrying. but this will be used as yet another excuse for the anti gunners.

• Like 6

another reason to pack heat at all times. it makes me wonder how many would have been saved if someone had been carrying. but this will be used as yet another excuse for the anti gunners.

My thoughts exactly. I cannot believe not a single CCW was in that theater.

• Like 1

Terrible situation all the way around. :(

Seriously, though, in this situation what could you do if you were armed?

Dark theater - mass panic - people yelling, pushing, heavy crowd - unknown number of shooters (at first) - terrible visibility and near zero chance for a clean shot...

If you were (hopefully) concerned with not shooting innocents, you would have to be at point-blank range. Very hard to do with a large, panicked crowd vs. an active shooter, I would think. A trained person with a knife might have about equal effectiveness here? unsure.png

• Like 2

Yeah, that's pretty much a no-win scenario even if you're armed. You can bet that theatre was chock full and as soon as people started realizing the shooting was real you wouldn't be able to tell your ass from the next guy's face in all the commotion. Combine that with it being dark as shit and filling with smoke... you're best and first chance would be to find the exits rather than attempt to neutralize the threat. Plus taking a handgun to a determined gunman with a rifle would probably be my last choice if I had a reasonable opportunity to escape. Maybe if you happened to be in that back couple of rows (another reason to sit in the back) you would have had a chance to act before he caused the place to riot... In this specific tragedy, having even a couple of armed movie-goers probably wouldn't have changed the death toll, I'm afraid. At best it could have saved us another trial of a madman who will live the rest of his life sponsored by the state and the taxpayer.

• Like 2

Sickening. I've always wondered why these scum don't do the world a favor and just shoot themselves. Strangely though, when caught they almost invariably don't want the death sentence for themselves.

I've carried in movie theaters before and my wife harassed me for being paranoid. I don't think that will happen again. I've also remarked on the forum that I carry a PF9 because anything bigger is a hassle. I sometimes don't even take that because of the convenience factor. That won't happen again either. I still plan on getting a P3AT but until then the PF9 will always be with me unless it's illegal. If it is illegal in any particular businesses then I'll do my best to avoid those businesses and spend my money elsewhere.

Tim

• Like 5

I was doing my part here in Ohio. My wife gave me a hard time for carrying in the theater too...

• Like 2

Pretty sad, another nut job that can't handle life. I wonder if anyone saw signs of this coming and did not report it?

It was reported that his mother was not surprised that her son was the shooter. Perhaps she should have talked to somebody about this.

I believe the communist will try to use this event as a tool in their struggle to destroy our gun rights. They will fail. This is a sick, evil, sack of shit that acted alone. It's not the device, it's the individual.

I wonder what will happen with the shooter. Never heard anything about the nut case in Arizona. He vanished.

On another note, no better time than right now to carry your weapon. If someone acts up like this, take one for the team and risk your life saving others. Where the hell were all the gun owners in Colorado? Nobody had a firearm to protect themselves and others?

Very sad day. Unarmed victims and a nutcase shooter.

G-d bless the victims and their family.

• Like 5

Even with a CCW I read he had a vest, add to all the panic and pushing a head shot with your ccw...have fun with that. It definately sucked! Hope the people of Aurora can move on. What was someone doing at the theatre that late with an infant anyways?

I bet there were at least two or three but even trained people in a stressful environment can lose all the training they had and fall into the panic of the social shit storm.

Never let a tragedy go to waste. Bloomberg on the move:

http://stream.wsj.co...ing/SS-2-34741/

Bloomingidiotburg and like thinkers are the problem as far as I'm concerned. If it were up to him there wouldn't be any soft drinks or buttered popcorn either.

It nauseates me that there are enough pathetic people around who are so lacking in self control they elect someone who is more than happy to control them.

Even with a CCW I read he had a vest, add to all the panic and pushing a head shot with your ccw...have fun with that. It definately sucked! Hope the people of Aurora can move on. What was someone doing at the theatre that late with an infant anyways?

I bet there were at least two or three but even trained people in a stressful environment can lose all the training they had and fall into the panic of the social shit storm.

True enough but you never know until the situation arises. If you're in the right place at the right time it's very possible you may save lives.

• Like 1

Why does it matter where people take an infant even at midnight as long as its not to a crack house or bar? As for the Shooting, people kill people not guns! Cars don't drive drunk, people do! The Obama, liberal nut jobs will go crazy with this but, this 2nd amendment fight is coming anyway if Obama is re-elected and now maybe before if they can get it. Never waste a good crisis. The Guy and his evil doers plan on destroying America and the constitutional freedoms and remaking our great nation in his commy marxist idealism. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

Three month old infants need to be at home at that late hour IMHO. Roaches come out after the sun goes down. It comes with the duty of being a responsible parent.

Edited by yakdung
  • Like 4

Guy had a vest and was wearing a gas mask, they also say he didnt have a CCW or hunting license, or had any military connection.

He waited untill the shooting and explosions started in the movie, then he started. Apparently people thought he was part of a stunt or act and just sat watching him shooting

off rounds for a bit.

Hard to believe not one person didnt have a weapon on them. I always CCW to the movies and go early to get the top back seats. Easy to say what people whould do if they

were there, but Id like to think id push my GF to the ground, and try to engage the shooter.

• Like 6

Well I would not drag my 8, 5 or 3 yr old to a movie they wanted to see that late let alone a action flick like Batman...this nutcase is the perfect example of why everyone should open carry or carry in general...I bet "if" someone engaged him they would have had to be very well trained or lucky...the guy unloaded then walked out...no hostage situation, so obviously your engagement would have been in the midst of shtf.

• Like 1

Well we had the gang in the Chicago restaurant, Mob in Walmart, plus several others and now this. I wonder when people will just stop running around screaming and actually fight back. I am not going to let someone just beat me down or shoot me with just a scream for a response.

• Like 4

The Obama, liberal nut jobs will go crazy with this but, this 2nd amendment fight is coming anyway if Obama is re-elected and now maybe before if they can get it. Never waste a good crisis. The Guy and his evil doers plan on destroying America and the constitutional freedoms and remaking our great nation in his commy marxist idealism. Just my opinion.

Oh hell yeah. Just something else to take the focus on this losers record and skirt the issues.

Brian Ross of ABC news quick to try and implicate the Tea Party with the Aurora Colorado shooting. Typical liberal media fails us once again. Too bad we live in the age of new media where these idiots can't simply bury their mistakes any longer.

http://newsbusters.o...iller-tea-party

Edited by yakdung

Too many variables to say if a CCW or two would have helped or hindered in this situation, so many what if's I am glad this ended as quickly as it did with no idea of what might have been if a police or hostage standoff...12 out of 50 plus hundreds more in theatre..I will thank God it wasn't worse.