MKA-1919 Mods part 1 done

I got the Tromix trigger and disconnector, Tromix buffer tube adapter, Tromix stock adapter, Firebird extended mag button, Firebird extended bolt handle, Tromix gas piston, Trulock tactical choke, Magpul ACS, and a SightMark holo sight.

here's the link to the album

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/gallery/album/1045-syndicates-mka-1919/

battry on laptop is just about dead...

oh I have the pistol grip, just really leary about making the cuts to do it. Got a friend that said he would take a look.

I also added more right after this post, have to get pics up etc.

front grip, rails, and a sight riser.

I went the way of the hogue grip and it totally changed the feeling of the gun. so much better.

You did a pistol grip?

I got an ergo to put on, just trying to figure the best way to cut the grip now. Glad I went slow and steady on the stock, so I'm going to continue that trend with the pistol grip

I went the way of the hogue grip and it totally changed the feeling of the gun. so much better.

You did a pistol grip?

I got an ergo to put on, just trying to figure the best way to cut the grip now. Glad I went slow and steady on the stock, so I'm going to continue that trend with the pistol grip

I used a table-top bandsaw -- worked like a champ! You'll find that the lines on the grip "line up" with the measurements Tony says to use. Paint it first, though or the aluminum will show through...

JG

You did a pistol grip?

I used a table-top bandsaw -- worked like a champ! You'll find that the lines on the grip "line up" with the measurements Tony says to use. Paint it first, though or the aluminum will show through...

JG

do you have any pics of the process or finished ones up? I have yet to see complete or in process shots of the process. I don't have the measurements either, they were not in with the piece I ordered.

I have a few questions:

Are the Tromix trigger and disconnector both metal?

Is the Firebird extended bolt handle metal?

And what is the Tromix buffer tube adapter? (I'm not finding it anywhere ..... maybe I'm having too many senior moments) ;)

TIA,

Flyer91

I didn't think you were.

I have searched everywhere and maybe I missed it, but if you can point out were any of the referenced material (or any other puplished material) specifically states that the Tromix trigger is also metal (I know the disconnector is) and what material the Firebird extended bolt handle is made of, I would be very appreciative.

Not saying that I didn't miss this information ...... heck, as I get older I'm finding that "missing stuff" is just part of the program. ;)

For the life of me I have not been able to find this particular information.

Thanks again,

Flyer91

I can't say as to what the exact matieral is, it's hard a fuck steel though.

The various inconsistancies in the Turks manufacturing of the MKA is pretty bad. My stock bolt handle was in there with the force of God.

The Firebird one is made to account for how loose and tight various guns are. Mine was crazy. I took an grinder to mine after filing wasn't doing anything, like literally my file couldn't do shit. I apparently get the award for the tightist retainer ever. It now slips in and out without to much effort. I had to shave a good bit, it wouldn't fit at all, I should have gotten pics to show how the bolt handle was visibly bigger then the hole it goes into. The directions stated to file the part on the gun itself, and it's obvious the few spots that needed it, but beyond that I was not going to much further.

So I took a little bit at a time with the grinder, making sure to make even flat "cuts"

after grinding I took high grit sand paper and smoothed it and cleaned all the excess material off.

works and looks great, if you are considering one, let me know and I can be a phone call away if you have any issue, after talking with firebird about it in length and esp after doing one I can easily lend you a hand. You shouldn't have issues like I did if you have an earlier or newer model, mine was middle run and some were known to have this issue.

Thank you very much for the information and the offer of help.

I will go ahead and order the Firebird extended handle and Tromix trigger.

Since I retired I bought a Grizzly gear head mill with a power table, and a Precision Machining 14X40 gear head, gap bed variable speed lathe, that (so far) I've learned enough to take perfectly good metal and turn it into tiny little chips! ;)

I've also learned than many times it's easier (if not cheaper) to just buy a part like the handle/trigger rather than buying the materials and other supplies to make them, treat them, and anodize/tool blacken them.

So my machinery is mostly used to repair/modify existing things, or to make items I can't obtain otherwise.

But I should be able to do the fitting as needed.

I don't know what batch my 1919 was in, but I disassembled it for cleaning and lube when I got it, and you are right .... the handle was a bit if a rattlesnake to get out of the bolt.

I used the slot and screwdriver trick the manual outlined, but it was still in there pretty tight.

Thanks again ... I appreciate it!!

Best regards,

Flyer91

Edited by flyer91