After converting my 223 Siaga with a tapco saw grip, folding stock and single hook g-2 trigger , and then spending hours polishing the trigger and action the wife and I took it to the range to test it out . Starting out with 193 federal 556 to russand zink coated TAP 223 it ran better than I ever dreamed. Very Low and I mean very low recoil. So low the wife who is 4'11" put down her S&W 40 C and said let me shoot it and she loved it but the stock was to long. This is a great gun and will be better when I get my threading gear and flash hider from Dinzag . The G2 trigger as i said is polished is super smooth for a single stage trigger ,so smooth you forgot about it and just ran the gun, the way it should be. 7 diffrent brands of ammo from brass to steel and it ate it all. Was thinking about a J-TAG compensater but Why?

I Love this Gun runs perfect 1.5 moa at 100yards.

Thanks to all the good posts that helped me get er done.

• Like 1

Congrats! You have a winner there! As soon as I get my failure to ejects sorted out, I'll feel the same! Yes, the recoil of the .223 (or even 5.56 Nato if you chose to use that) is pathetic. It's awesome for a new shooter! This rifle is a robust design and you made a great decision!

Congrats on your converted rifle! My "first" Saiga was a .223 and I love it. I did the same with polishing the FCG, and like yours it shoots so smooth, everybody around wants a try with it...especially when the Betamag is inserted! LOL They may not be as light as an M4, but they are a robust rifle, and the weight really tames what little recoil there is down bigtime!

Enjoy it and start figuring out which of the others will be your next, cause it will happen..they are an addiction!!