Sorry if this has been beaten before. Im looking at a krink kit vs a Bulgy obviously. What Im wondering is the accuracy and velocity loss from a 5.556x45 in a 8.5'' barrel with 6 grooves, 1in 7'' twist rate -

Vs.

A 5.45 caliber krink with a bluejack barrel 6 to 1 twist rate.

I know the Buly not being a kit is going to have its advantages but I will show my ignorance on the rest of the subject and ask some one that knows a hell of a lot more to educate me which direction I should invest my money.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Yoshi

Whether the rifling is appropriate depends on the round you are shooting. 1:7 for 5.56 is certainly fine for M855 and other modern ammo, 1:7 is the military spec. I'm not sure it will work with ALL the ammo out there. What the required twist rate is has to do with bullet length and weight. However, that doesn't mean a given bullet won't be stable "enough" to use if it doesn't match the ideal rifling. For example, M193 is overspun in 1:7, but it still works "ok". However I'm no sure how you determine that without shooting the bullet and seeing how it works. I assume there are rules of thumb at least, but I don't know them.

I don't know what the 5.45 twist figures are for AK-74s.

Lots of gory details in this Wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_Twist_Rule