Compensator Poll

Muzzle Devises   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you choose and why?

• Tromix Mini Monster
    • JTEnginerring Competion brake
    • Dinzags '74 Brake for Saiga-12 (I think it looks really cool)
    • Other

JT brake...I have it on mine.

Why?.....because its between the monster and the mini for length and weight. I need to have a brake that works and is lighter on the weight. The less there is at the end of the muzzle.

What I want is the Russian made brake. It's not the molot one but its q box lol. I want that and maybe even a mid barrel brake.....I need all the help I can get lol.

JT brake...I have it on mine.

Why?.....because its between the monster and the mini for length and weight. I need to have a brake that works and is lighter on the weight. The less there is at the end of the muzzle.

What I want is the Russian made brake. It's not the molot one but its q box lol. I want that and maybe even a mid barrel brake.....I need all the help I can get lol.

Do you know where the Russian one can be found at?

Someone needs top come shoot with me and let me screw their brake on one of my S12s, so I can try one out. I'm not paying that much to "see" if there is a significant enough benefit to justify the size, weight, and price. I'll buy some ammo and take someone to a private 3 gun range though ;) NE FL....

• Like 1

What Red Sed.^

"Someone needs top come shoot with me and let me screw their brake on one of my S12s, so I can try one out. I'm not paying that much...blah blah"

How bout I send you a GK-01 to try out?

• Like 1

What Red Sed.^

"Someone needs top come shoot with me and let me screw their brake on one of my S12s, so I can try one out. I'm not paying that much...blah blah"

LOL! blah blah blah.... ;)

I think Red is. Sounds like you guys really really like them and certainly believe in them. After trying some other muzzle devices that I will not name here as an effort to avoid conflict, I have grown very skeptical of anything outside of a choke. I am trying my best to keep an open mind.

I didn't vote because I don't have a break. I'm really thinking about the one that looks like the 74 brake. If anybody can point me to a company name that mfg it and if anyone has ever tried it I would really like some feed back about performance and build quality. I doubt it's as effective as it is on a rifle but my Saiga is tame as kitten NOW!

Dinzag Arms makes the '74 brake.

It does not function like a true '74 brake since it does not have the internal chamber. It's mainly for the guys who are aiming for a more traditional AK look. It's a very nice piece and it's machined nicely. However, the only added braking benefit you'll notice will stem from the extra little bit of weight off the muzzle. I'm OK with knowing that. smile.png

Eventually i'll have the barrel chopped back and brake permanently attached for an OAL of 18.25".

post-20217-0-91360400-1343072707_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mullet Man

Wow we must have been typing at the same time. Cool so my S12 is a kitten as is so does it cut any recoil at all or is just good for muzzle blasting myself. My Auto Plug really softened this gun up alot. I wasn't expecting it to have this much impact. So really if it does anything at all I'd be happy.

By the way mullet man nice shotty.

Those would be my picks , or the Molot, and I agree about the '74 brake. However I did pick the very nice custom comps made by Tapeworm. Why, because he was generous and they work very well.

Any of those are good choices, but the 74 will be more for looks than function.

I voted "other", I have the Molot and it works great, it is Russian on my Russian shotgun, but I have not tried anything else.

Where did you purchase your molot one?

There was a group buy that a few of us got into before it was shut down. (DONT ASK)

What Red Sed.^

LOL! blah blah blah.... wink.png

I think Red is. Sounds like you guys really really like them and certainly believe in them. After trying some other muzzle devices that I will not name here as an effort to avoid conflict, I have grown very skeptical of anything outside of a choke. I am trying my best to keep an open mind.

I am gonna convert you yet, you old naysayer.haha.gif

I voted "other", I have the Molot and it works great, it is Russian on my Russian shotgun, but I have not tried anything else.

Where did you purchase your molot one?

There was a group buy that a few of us got into before it was shut down. (DONT ASK)

What Red Sed.^

LOL! blah blah blah.... wink.png

I am gonna convert you yet, you old naysayer.haha.gif

The difference is more noticeable with heavier ammo. And EVL should get better performance on his SBS because gas pressure has not yet dropped.

I have the Tromix mini monster on my S-12 and love it. My 14 and 8 year old son and daughter have shot the weapon by themselves and never dropped the weapon or were scared of the recoil. I have a bad shoulder from jumping into a bunker while deployed and even after 300 rounds I don't feel it the next morning. I do have to say the mini monster is the only brake I have so I am sure there are better ones out there. But for my money I like the look and productivity of the mini monster. IMHO

I have been happy with my Mini Monster. My saiga has cycled everything since I have taken out of the box so slugs and other magnum loads kick especially hard. First day I put the brake on I shot 70 slugs. My shoulder survived but I had a bruise on my face. Never really had a problem with muzzle rise in the first place but the brake did seem to tame my saiga's violent action with slugs. Always something to keep in mind when you are hanging something off you barrel is weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gja_lOdZCT8&feature=plcp

Edited by Jbanda1213

should have had the monster brake as a choice it is what i have. it plus shortening the barrel for an overall length around 18.5" makes a noticeable difference compared to another s 12 i have that doesn't have a break. my only complaint is i cant use a choke now.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you not have the barrel reamed and threaded internally to accept standard shotgun chokes? It is what I hope to have done...

Several have done that, usually for winchokes, since they need very little barrel wall thickness. Some such as R&R ream for Remchokes. There have been a few with pinned compensators and internal chokes, which requires a long choke wrench.

Hey lewie, all the brakes listed work. Everyone Ive talked too has good to say about theirs. I have the DINZAG on mine. I haven't figured out how to measure the exact percentage of reduction but it helps. It looks good also and you can mount a bayonette with it. A couple of the others add significant weight to the end of the barrel. That in its self will help reduce felt recoil. If you really want to elimnate felt recoil then toss a Limb-Saver butt pad on your weapon. It will be the best move you could make. Alot of members will confirm that. But again, this is just my thoughts on the subject. Have fun.

That's about it. It has been a long time since I have seen any one do measured side by side comparisons of any brakes, but everyone says the one they bought helps if it is not a mere style item.