The new Draco - PAP M92 PV Pistol

I will be interested to see the reports on these when they start coming in. I am half interested in one 5.56 (because I already have my short 7.62x39 AK bases covered). However, unlike the dracos that were a steal at $350 these at $570 are not particularly appealing to me. By the time I add a stock and make it 922r compliant, since I would only get it to SBR it and at that point 922r is an issue, it is in AR shorty price range.

It is interesting one how quickly the prices on AK pistols have climbed. It is also interesting that draco and mini seem to have been abandoned despite seeming to have sold well. I wonder what the reason for that is. Perhaps the Serbians offered a better deal than the Romanians? Who knows Too bad another importer doesn't get the dracos and minis in. It would push prices down on these guns.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(not mine)   they're out there: http://forum.saiga-1..._30#entry666342 https://www.google.c...w=1611&bih=1206   if you go this route, i'd suggest a 5.5mm pivot pin stock. that way, the 4

Here's one....  

Why does everyone want to SBR these things when you can simply bullpup/shoulder sling them and save the tax stamp? I just don't get it.

Posted Images

For all you guys who wanted a under folder or a Euro side folder.

"Guys, phone has been ringing off the hook lately wanting to SBR these things. The few that have come to the shop already look really nice. I have heard that some have been canted but that is an easy fix. Now the big problem. Due to the location of the serial number (left rear receiver) We can not install an under folder on them nor the Euro side folder. Only the original MFG. can move the serial number. And the rear trunnion rivets would occlude the serial number. Good candidate for an ACE set up though. Good luck guys.

Troy Sellars

IN RANGE inc."

• 2 weeks later...

I just put one on layaway. $600 plus tax.

We stripped it down at the counter and they have a double hook trigger. They come with 2 last round BHO magazines and a BHO slot on the safety selector. This is like the mod some people use on saigas. Fit and finish are very nice. These are quality guns.

K-VAR sells the plunger pin set for the muzzle device... If they ever come back in stock.

http://bonesteelarms...y-CNC-23959.htm

we have 4 piece flash hiders to fit these, not original for a yugo, but they work better than the standard booster.

Do these suppress flash in a barrel this short?

they cut it down a ton, with good u.s. ammo they virtually eliminate it, with wolf there is still flash, but a lot less.

mostly they help with the concussion, and a bit with recoil.

http://bonesteelarms...y-CNC-23959.htm

we have 4 piece flash hiders to fit these, not original for a yugo, but they work better than the standard booster.

Do these suppress flash in a barrel this short?

they cut it down a ton, with good u.s. ammo they virtually eliminate it, with wolf there is still flash, but a lot less.

mostly they help with the concussion, and a bit with recoil.

That's what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the quick reply.

• 2 weeks later...

In case you guys were waiting for info on these I just traded my Draco outright for one no $ involved. Ill cover a few questions asked and cover some not asked.

CAI PAP M92

The rear trunion IS the underfolder trunion but it does not have the holes for it underfolder in it (think they just skipped that step

The muzzle nut is just tack welded on (who would guess >.>) And the thread is 26mm x 1.5 LH

Only 2 places i could find legit Russian style brakes and one was sold out (CNCwarrior has stock on the 4 piece)

Spikes makes a cool flash hider brake for it tho for $89

on MOST of the PAPs they are missing the Detent pin Spring and cross pin so if ya cant find a replacement ya might end up having to torque that bitch down and hope for the best (or just say fuck it and locktight the shit)

With out a muzzle break it will fire full power rounds just fine, but short strokes something BAD on subsonic (i'm sure a suppressor or good Krink brake will create enough back pressure to cycle it i just dont have a way to mount mine yet)

Edited by gaufridi

Could someone tell me if it would be legal to buy one of these and cut it up for parts.

I am asking because I want one with a sidefolder on it but read some posts here that serial number is in a bad spot to add ak100 stock.

Buying a demilled or virgin kit would cost more. Because of labor or kit costs.

I've seen a bunch of underfolders for sale but snoozed on the few sidefolders I've seen and missed out.

Just ordered a detent set and the booster.

Yepper, I did too as well as ordered the PAP pistol. Who is the manufacturrer who is building a new fold stock that fits these w/o screwing up the serial number? All metal, looked nice and is Business Member.

I think the ace type adapter would work. I'll try to look at it this weekend. Geometry may be off but idk.

Whoever said you could not SBR these because of the serial # is totally wrong. When you SBR a rifle, legally you are manufacturing a NEW firearm. The serial that you are required to add is now THE serial number for the fiream, the one that cannot be altered or destroyed, any other markings including the old serial number are meaningless and can legally be removed. If you wanted to go the fake can route to add a stock, you would however be boned as the serial number is in the way.

The M85 has a thick RPK styled receiver with the bulged front end. Fit and finish looks to me a bit lower quality than the M92.

Edit: I was able to check an ace folding mechanism and stock against the back of the Reciever. The stock lines up perfectly and looks great.

Edited by dayofruin
  • Like 1