The new Draco - PAP M92 PV Pistol

I picked up my M92 yesterday, disassembled and got to work as soon as i got it home. After removing the weld and thread protector, I installed the detent/spring set from CNC Warrior and then installed their booster. Everything looks good and I used a paint pen to cover the bare metal from dremeling the weld. After removing the trigger and hammer set, i noticed that it is clearly marked "Tapco G2". This is their double hook trigger set. I polished the contact points on the sear, hammer and disconnector and reinstalled using a custom cnc retainer plate. The trigger pull is smooth with a crisp break now. I have a sling plate that mounts between the grip and receiver that i was going to install. After i removed the grip, the mounting unit is all part of the trigger guard and is riveted to the bottom of the receiver. I'll have to remove quite a bit of material from the sling plate to get it to fit. Over all, I'm very pleased with my purchase so far.post-32279-0-02006700-1351453219_thumb.jpgpost-32279-0-20975300-1351453233_thumb.jpgpost-32279-0-92823400-1351453245_thumb.jpgpost-32279-0-54757600-1351453257_thumb.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(not mine)   they're out there: http://forum.saiga-1..._30#entry666342 https://www.google.c...w=1611&bih=1206   if you go this route, i'd suggest a 5.5mm pivot pin stock. that way, the 4

Here's one....  

Why does everyone want to SBR these things when you can simply bullpup/shoulder sling them and save the tax stamp? I just don't get it.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever said you could not SBR these because of the serial # is totally wrong. When you SBR a rifle, legally you are manufacturing a NEW firearm. The serial that you are required to add is now THE serial number for the fiream, the one that cannot be altered or destroyed, any other markings including the old serial number are meaningless and can legally be removed. If you wanted to go the fake can route to add a stock, you would however be boned as the serial number is in the way.

Do you have any links or proof what you say is correct?? Not to say it isnt b/c Im a total newb with this stuff but ive done alot of reading on this since these guns came out and last I read there is a difference between "Maker" and "Manufacturer" you are "Making" an new rifle but you didnt "manufacture" the pistol itself. I specifically remember reading something from ATF that says the original serial must be left intact and cannot be altered. I would love to find out you are correct but I dont think so.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of all crazy things, I was looking on the Century Arms Firearms Shopping List Section and What??? They list Draco's??? I swear I don't remember seeing there in the recent past??? They don't have them in the download catalog....

Edited by Fluid Power

Whoever said you could not SBR these because of the serial # is totally wrong. When you SBR a rifle, legally you are manufacturing a NEW firearm. The serial that you are required to add is now THE serial number for the fiream, the one that cannot be altered or destroyed, any other markings including the old serial number are meaningless and can legally be removed. If you wanted to go the fake can route to add a stock, you would however be boned as the serial number is in the way.

Do you have any links or proof what you say is correct?? Not to say it isnt b/c Im a total newb with this stuff but ive done alot of reading on this since these guns came out and last I read there is a difference between "Maker" and "Manufacturer" you are "Making" an new rifle but you didnt "manufacture" the pistol itself. I specifically remember reading something from ATF that says the original serial must be left intact and cannot be altered. I would love to find out you are correct but I dont think so.

I said it but I just passed along what InRange posted about it and they are a buider. I figure troy Sellars would probobly know more.

Edited by Arik
  • 2 weeks later...

Promag ak 223 mags didnt lock in and the ramp? of the mag was lower than the factory mag. I tried some steel 223 mags. They were extremely tight but the ramp was lower as well. I ordered 2 of these before they said out of stock, http://armsofamerica.com/brandnewyugo556steel30rdmagazine.aspx, but was unsure if they were in stock when purchased. I hoping they shipped since they billed me but I am still looking at alternatives.

The M85 takes galil mags. Supposedly.

the Romanian SAR 3 (.223) that I have functions great with TAPCO GALIL/GOLINI mags, it was a little tight going in the mag well the first few times, but now goes in with ease and there is zero wobble.

so I don't see why the GALIL/GOLINI mag wouldn't function in the Romanian M85 (.223), it's the same receiver and bolt group.

• 2 weeks later...
Just picked up an m92 for $549 at the shop today. Had to wait in line before they opened to get it haha.

Do all ak mags lock the bolt to the rear, or do they have to be a specific type to do this?

Good score wish i had bought another.

Do all ak mags lock the bolt to the rear, or do they have to be a specific type to do this?

Only the Yugo mags lock the bolt open when empty.

I wasn't really as into the bolt-hold open feature as I thought I'd be ....I actually wound up digging the hinged dust-cover better after I scored mine; totally the opposite of what I expected.

Only the Yugo mags lock the bolt open when empty.

I wasn't really as into the bolt-hold open feature as I thought I'd be ....I actually wound up digging the hinged dust-cover better after I scored mine; totally the opposite of what I expected.

It's OK for a visual "magazine empty" feature, but obviously unlike an AR, it closes as soon as you take the mag out and you end up having to re-rack the entire action anyway, so the feature is underwhelming in that aspect.

I al

Hey Sean8642,

Check out AK builder, they have the muzzle break and the sling adapter for Yugo pistols (as well as the break retaining pin) I did and it is sweet (grinding in order).

I actually already ordered all of that, installed the break and pin today. Sling and adapter should be here sometime this week.

Pics? I am still debating on a muzzle brake. As of now I am leaning towards the cncwarrior 4pc. Is there play in the break? A lot of guys were claiming their brakes to be loose fitting. This includes the cnc. Are you having the same issues?

Edited by billdozer
Pics? I am still debating on a muzzle brake. As of now I am leaning towards the cncwarrior 4pc. Is there play in the break? A lot of guys were claiming their brakes to be loose fitting. This includes the cnc. Are you having the same issues?

I put a CNC Warrior 4 pc brake on mine and have no issues. It is currently with an 07 and should come back a slick SBR in 6 - 8 months.

I have the CNC Booster style. It works fine with the detent pin. I have not even fired mine yet though. I bought mine before looking at reviews, but from the looks of it, the 4 piece is the best, the booster does some dampening but no where near the 4 piece.

This video shows the amount of suppression

Edited by sean8642