• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some butthead macho jerk at the range was bragging about how recoil didn't bother him and he could shoot anything. I got my little 12 ga out of the truck and handed it to him with some turkey loads I

I go to the range early in the morning during the week. Helps me to avoid meeting those kind of people. A while back I met a guy at the range and he was checking out my Saig converions. Found out he h

"It's not loaded...."

Posted Images

A couple years ago the Range Master (a Vietnam Vet) chewed out my 19yo son for looking at his phone. My son, went to the car to finish texting.

A while later, the Range Master, approached my adult brother, about looking at his phone (my brother crewed UH-47s, in the Army).

My brother looked at him firmly and said, "I was checking the time." I'm sure my brother looked like a kid, to him.

Edited by Sim_Player

Already said these elsewhere but why the hell not reshare?

"I'll buy this as my concealed carry." -a guy who just shot 5 .38sp rounds into the ceiling over the span of 60+ seconds out of a hammerless Ruger SP101. [i hope they added 100 dollars onto the price for 5 range hits].

"I CAN'T SHOOT THESE! THESE BULLETS ARE TOO BIG! I CAN'T SHOOT SUCH BIG BULLETS!" -A rodent-looking bloke in full OD digi-camo army uniform [i REALLY hope it was a stolen valor thing] upon opening boxes of .500mag and .50ae for the two guns he rented.

Young man at range trying to set scope on deer rifle, couldn't hit target. Told me he missed a big buck at 800 yards with it the other day, said buck just stood there when he shot. Dad piped in said ' That bore sighting the store did ain't worth a shit'. They didn't understand which way to turn scope adjustment screws to move point of impact and thankfully ran out of ammo.

...looking @ my 12 PG double shotgun.

"You cain't have that! It's illegal! I explained he was mistaken, and that the barrels were >18" and the OAL was >26". He was having none of it. 

I had a similar remark when shooting and AMD-65. My "assault weapon" was illegal, and ya ain't hit nothin' with a AK anyway. I regularly hit a 15gal @ 400yds with it. (This time I was punching paper @ 100yds.)  Dumbass.

I presume both of these individuals were well educated by the MSM.

Another case of dumbass was when I was down at the targets, and some "gentleman" starts shooting. I dropped and yelled at him to "CEASE FIRE!" to which his reply was "I'm way over here, you're OK". 

I've got lots more.

• Like 1

Guy next to me at the range a few years back.  "Do you know anything about Glocks?"

Now I have no use for Glocks and I'm no expert on them but I figured I might be able to help.  "What's the problem?"

He says "It won't shoot."

Long story short...  Turns out the guy was trying to shoot 9mm in his Glock 40.

• Like 1

I do not attend ranges any longer because of stupid things and stupid people. I was invited and joined a private gun club instead.

The incidents I mentioned WERE at a private club.

We've tightened things up quite a bit since those days.

Not nearly as many Fudds (we've got a couple in positions of authority though) and wannabe bangers.

Edited by patriot

I do not attend ranges any longer because of stupid things and stupid people. I was invited and joined a private gun club instead.

The incidents I mentioned WERE at a private club.

We've tightened things up quite a bit since those days.

Not nearly as many Fudds (we've got a couple in positions of authority though) and wannabe bangers.

We are self policed as a club. If stunts are witnessed by other members, a simple phone call can have that individuals membership revoked and or delt with by the local sheriff. Safety is paramount, hurt feelings are not. All joining members agree to a written safety code, affirm and sign it.

• Like 1

How many times have I listened to naysayers bash the AK as an inaccurate POS.

Well it ain't no target rifle buddy, but it does it's job just fine.

We've steel human silhouettes at our range, set at 100, 200 & 300 yards, and I ain't picky about exactly where I'm hitting'em, as long as I'm hitting'em. wink.gif

Had a AK naysayer at the range one day, talking about how inaccurate the AK is.
I told him it is just as accurate as any other battle rifle, and proceeded to ring 300 yard steel offhanded.
He shut up.

Guy next to me at the range a few years back. "Do you know anything about Glocks?"

Now I have no use for Glocks and I'm no expert on them but I figured I might be able to help. "What's the problem?"

He says "It won't shoot."

Long story short... Turns out the guy was trying to shoot 9mm in his Glock 40.

My new neighbors invited us over for a visit.

The subject of guns came up and he showed me his Glock 26 loaded with 380 acp

As a good nieghbor I set him strait

Edited by jerry52
  • Like 1

Him:What is that?

Me: Saiga 12

Him: Can I shoot it?

Me: Sure

Me: You might grab the S-12 by the forearm.Not lay the 12 in your support hand.

Him: I shoot my 20 gage all the time like this.

Me: OK, not a good idea!

Him: After the S12 hit him in the mouth! Not sure what he was mumbling, but his lip was bleeding and swollen.

Me: Asking his buddy. Would you like to shoot the S-12?

His buddy: NO!

To anyone that has had people claim their firearm is ILLEGAL... Instead of trying to convince them otherwise...why not make them a very small wager...say...your gun for theirs, and offer to call local leo to come to the range to clarify legality??? Lol

Him: After the S12 hit him in the mouth! Not sure what he was mumbling, but his lip was bleeding and swollen.

How did he manage to get hit in the mouth? Lol

• Like 1

To anyone that has had people claim their firearm is ILLEGAL... Instead of trying to convince them otherwise...why not make them a very small wager...say...your gun for theirs, and offer to call local leo to come to the range to clarify legality??? Lol

Without holding the forearm and only holding the S-12 by the pistol grip the S12 come out of his support hand when shooting 00 buckshot and S-12 hit him in the mouth. I think she didn't like his lack of respect! LOL

Without holding the forearm and only holding the S-12 by the pistol grip the S12 come out of his support hand when shooting 00 buckshot and S-12 hit him in the mouth. I think she didn't like his lack of respect! LOL

Support hand is the non-dominant hand, in most cases. For example, a right handed shooter's left hand is the support hand. This would obviously change if a right handed shooter were shooting "leftie".

Just yesterday my buddy and I were at the range. Some guy (got weird vibes from him) rolls in and asks how the range works. We tell him the basic rules for that range, making sure he knew to inform us when he was going to head up range and to let us know when he was going hot. Dumbass proceeds to run down a hot range 2 times after that.

Support hand is the non-dominant hand, in most cases. For example, a right handed shooter's left hand is the support hand. This would obviously change if a right handed shooter were shooting "leftie".

Captain Obvious...If you re-read the post it states he laid the S-12 in his support hand. Didn't hold the forearm...

That's one of my favorite things about this forum. You can leave a topic and everything is normal and then come back an hour later and it looks like the elevator scene from The Cabin in the Woods.

I had to look it up. Thanks, I needed that laugh. haha.gif

• Like 1

“Some people think I’m an expert.”

“I saw it done in a movie.”

“I don’t think it’s suppose to do that.”

“Watch me make her jump.”

and the guy trying to figure out why 38 Super ammo didn't work in his 38 Special revolver.

• Like 1