I'll start.

I was at Shilo Shooting range (it's indoor), and they told me I couldn't use steel ammo. I asked why, and the answer I got floored me. "Because of the unburnt powder in the air, a steel casing could create a spark and cause a fire"..so I had to ask "What about the muzzle flash?" .."Uh I dunno know Sir, thats just what they told me"...wow.

( I know this isn't the greatest thread topic ever, but this was too long for a status and I thought it was funny)

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 3
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some butthead macho jerk at the range was bragging about how recoil didn't bother him and he could shoot anything. I got my little 12 ga out of the truck and handed it to him with some turkey loads I

I go to the range early in the morning during the week. Helps me to avoid meeting those kind of people. A while back I met a guy at the range and he was checking out my Saig converions. Found out he h

"It's not loaded...."

Posted Images

Some butthead macho jerk at the range was bragging about how recoil didn't bother him and he could shoot anything. I got my little 12 ga out of the truck and

handed it to him with some turkey loads I had in the back of the truck. (I'd NEVER shoot this thing with turkey loads!)

Baikal.jpg

He took it, threw one in the pipe, grabbed it by the pistol grip and the forend and let fly. He ALMOST dropped it as it rocketed back and up out of his forward hand. He set it down and was rubbing his hand. (It was bright red).

After he shot it, I put in a full load black powder BLANK (160gr 1F with a steel wool wad) and popped it off one-handed. The concussion and sparks roared out the front and I let what little recoil the blank had rise up a bit. I grinned at him and said that was a full power shell. See? It's not that bad!

....I thought he was gonna cry.

Priceless! :D

Edited by patriot
  • Like 11

Overheard a guy telling his buddies M855 AKA Green Tip 5.56 NATO was Armor Piercing. The many times I've been asked if I had a Class Three "License" for various weapons even if they were not Class Three Firearms.

• Like 2

Last range trip:

Prick: "How did you get those two assault rifles?"

Me: "What assault rifles? I don't own any full-autos."

Prick: "Those two black rifles. Those are assault rifles."

Me: "Negative, chicken. They are semi-auto only."

Prick: "Well, in California, they are classed as assault rifles because of those evil features."

Me: "Well, we aren't in California, are we?"

• Like 1

Last range trip:

Prick: "How did you get those two assault rifles?"

Me: "What assault rifles? I don't own any full-autos."

Prick: "Those two black rifles. Those are assault rifles."

Me: "Negative, chicken. They are semi-auto only."

Prick: "Well, in California, they are classed as assault rifles because of those evil features."

Me: "Well, we aren't in California, are we?"

I domt know why but im imagining "the prick" as Joe Pesci. Lol

• Like 1

I've been told that my cans are illegal and to not let the range owner see them, "he's a cop ya know", and also asked how often I have to renew my "license" for them. Had some dickhead see the trigger housing on my Vector and started telling everyone there it was a full auto machine gun, that was also illegal. And also been asked what happened to the stock on my v53p, because a .223 pistol is illegal. Wanna have fun, just drop the beta drum in the 53P and watch'em crap their pants from the fire balls of 100 rounds. :) not to mention how it make sthe grass roll back.

Sounds like something said by someone who'd only experienced one of those. Either that or I NEED to get an FN 2000.

My favorite interaction...

Range officer: Having some trouble getting that Garand to cycle?

Me: It's a K31.

• Like 2

"Why do you need THAT?!"

My answer : Why does someone need a car capable of driving faster than the speed limit? Are they planning on speeding, then outruning the Police?

"Is that legal"

My answer: Of course. Do you think I'd bring it here if it wasn't?

"Do you have to have a license to own that?"

My answer: Nope (your state may vary on firearm ownership)

"Is that Class 3?"

My answer (unless someone that owns an NFA item is letting me shoot it): No, anyone can own it.

• Stupid things I've heard people say. Usually while trying to impress someone:

"I shot a 60 cal in the Marines, Army, etc. An M-60!"

"I can shoot a 1/2" group at 1,000 yards!" They never offer to do it though.

"I was a SeAL (or Green Beret, etc). When asked what their MOS was, they usually just look at me with a blank expression.

"This is what Delta Force uses." It's usually a hi-point or a WASR or something like that.

"That can't be legal"

"What are you doing... That's an AR mag, that'll blow up if you use that"

"How many rounds is that, 50?" (10/30 mags)

Range master "what's an sks?"

"Why's that so quiet, does it have a silencer?" (Shooting a ruger 10/22)

"Why do you need THAT?!"

My answer : Why does someone need a car capable of driving faster than the speed limit? Are they planning on speeding, then outruning the Police?

"Is that legal"

My answer: Of course. Do you think I'd bring it here if it wasn't?

"Do you have to have a license to own that?"

My answer: Nope (your state may vary on firearm ownership)

"Is that Class 3?"

My answer (unless someone that owns an NFA item is letting me shoot it): No, anyone can own it.

• Stupid things I've heard people say. Usually while trying to impress someone:

"I shot a 60 cal in the Marines, Army, etc. An M-60!"

"I can shoot a 1/2" group at 1,000 yards!" They never offer to do it though.

"I was a SeAL (or Green Beret, etc). When asked what their MOS was, they usually just look at me with a blank expression.

"This is what Delta Force uses." It's usually a hi-point or a WASR or something like that.

Gotta love those .60cal M-60s, super rare, but soooooo fun to shoot lmao!

• Like 1

I go to the range early in the morning during the week. Helps me to avoid meeting those kind of people. A while back I met a guy at the range and he was checking out my Saig converions. Found out he had a really dry sense of humor.

Guy: "Those guns look evil"

Me: silent

Guy: "looks like you ready to go to war with those mags, muzzle brakes"

Me: I smiled

Guy: "What are those, 50 round mags"

Me: "Nope, they are thirty and I only brought ten today."

Guy: "I think you may be a terrorist. Only terrorist shoot AK's with 50 rnd mags."

Me: Ignoring him, and getting pissed.

Guy: "Guess I"m a terrorist too" laughing

Then he opens his gun cases and pulls out an AK variant, SKS, and a home built AR with beta mag.

We shot for a couple of hours joking back and forth about how evil our rifles were.

• Like 5