On the more technical side of bullshit and stupidity, a guy with a DPMS (one of their older SS barreled models) told me that it will shoot 1/4 MOA groups and then goes on to tell me that DPMS barrels are better than Noveske barrels. I work at the shop, so I kind of have to play nice, which consists of playing along and proceeding to tell him how "nice" the AR is and that it is definitely a keeper if it shoots that well. I usually slip something in that will fly over the bullshitter's head, but let bystanders know that I know better and I'm just buttering the guy's ass. For example, "I have a few Noveske barrels and none of them group like that.... wow"

I especially love it when people tell me all about how badass their buddy's Saiga 12 is. I just play dumb.... little do they know ;)

• Like 2
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some butthead macho jerk at the range was bragging about how recoil didn't bother him and he could shoot anything. I got my little 12 ga out of the truck and handed it to him with some turkey loads I

I go to the range early in the morning during the week. Helps me to avoid meeting those kind of people. A while back I met a guy at the range and he was checking out my Saig converions. Found out he h

"It's not loaded...."

Posted Images

I like the one I get every so often from different people. "Hope you know that AK bullets are under powered" Thats it. Seems like there should be more so I always ask "for what" This is followed by blank stares and lots of blinking and the phrase "well....they just are" At this point I usually invite the guy to run out there and stnd in front of my target so we can judge just how under powered the bullets are. No one has yet to step forward for that test.

This one is more funny then dumb. Shooting my buddy's MN91/30. Older guy comes up and with a serious look asks if Im practicing for an Elephant hunt. I'm all confused and ask him why. He says that rifle your shooting I can feel the blast 3 tables down and the impact its making in the sand is huge. So I explain to him what it is and let him fire of a few. He was not at all happy with the recoil.

Got into a heated debate once with a guy running around showing everyone the deal he got on a Dragunov. I tried to explain that it was a Romanian PSL. He didnt want to hear any of it. "My store told me......" Oh well

The one thing i hear all the time that pisses me off is some dumbass will come up to me and tell me he enjoys shooting "cans" then goes on to say mexi-cans, portri-cans, jamak-cans... What makes them think im going to be ok with them being openly racist?

Edited by Salt
  • Like 3

I get repeated comments about my Saiga .308. "Howdja get dat Ruushin sniper rifle?" "Whatchu need with a Ruushin sniper rifle." "Whoya goin to shoot wit dat Ruushin sniper rifle." And comments about about my AKs "Dem reliable but not accurate like an AR" - then proceeds to shoot 20 rounds at a 12 inch target at 100 yards hitting the target twice. Or shoots 20 into an 8 inch group at 25 yards and says "dat's pretty." Then the obligatory AR owner circle jerk as they all let their barrels cool so as not to "warp" them. The best one was a guy with a new AR10 next to me when I was shooting a Mosin. We went down to retrieve targets and he held up his 4 inch group and said "not to bad huh?" I had about 2.5 inch group with the Mosin and replied "Yea, it's almost as accurate as a Mosin." He gathered up his crap threw it in the trunk and left.

• Like 5

I have a similar dry sense of humor and love doing that to people hehe

they usually get so disarmed when I bring out my guns that we are buddies.

I still think the best was when I had my SL8-1 out and had it two tone (was still dying it) I was told that a two tone gun was illegal, meanwhile a guy down the way was shooting an AR that was OD/black, I pointed to him and said go tell him (he happened to be a marine with a large group of other marines there for some type of shoot that wrapped up a while before) and he said it was allowed for him since he was in the military. I just stared at the guy

di-K5PV.gif until he walked away.

Then I was told I was shooting my 10/22 to fast once and that it was dangerous with all the muzzle rise to do that. I was like oh? muzzle rise? where?

Shooting an M1A1 this guy kept eyeballing me like a kid looking at boobs and finally I asked what his deal was, he said he was waiting for the dingy thing to fly out...

Shooting an M1 carbine: hey mobsters would use those with drum mags!

being almost tackled by a guy for shooting my MKA-1919 for trap and skeet

I think the best is the hollow point AP rounds tons of guys with Glocks seem to own.

and the best hey my glock is really reliable with reloads, I don't see what the big deal is... (he KB'ed a few days later)

• Like 1

The one thing i hear all the time that pisses me off is some dumbass will come up to me and tell me he enjoys shooting "cans" then goes on to say mexi-cans, portri-cans, jamak-cans... What makes them think im going to be ok with them being openly racist?

Your haircut and camo jacket probably...

• Like 1
Shooting an M1A1 this guy kept eyeballing me like a kid looking at boobs and finally I asked what his deal was, he said he was waiting for the dingy thing to fly out...

That's funny for sure. I've taken a couple new guys who played a lot of video games. Their favorites were a malfunctioning M1976 .22lr and a Ruger .30 '06 because "working the bolt makes me feel like a sniper." One of them has matured in his tastes a bit. We got him a walther .22 for his wedding, and now he is shopping for a practical CCW.

• Like 1

This is how I dress for the range sobchak.jpg

That's funny for sure. I've taken a couple new guys who played a lot of video games. Their favorites were a malfunctioning M1976 .22lr and a Ruger .30 '06 because "working the bolt makes me feel like a sniper." One of them has matured in his tastes a bit. We got him a walther .22 for his wedding, and now he is shopping for a practical CCW.

Ya I got a few video game kids turned around, it's nice when you can set people straight. It's the worst when someone gets into guns and keeps acting like a tool.

Not at the range, but the Gun Show at the Cobb Count Civic Center this past weekend I was explaining to a guy when you don't want to use rounds that are AP or will over penetrate, this is after he asked me about the advantages/disadvantages of some amoo he was looking at, I said well this is for home defense yes? He confirmed, I said are you 100% certain you know what is behind your potential target 100% of the time? IE childrens bedrooms, dogs, cats, neighbors, etc?

Dude: what does that matter?

me: Bullets can keep traveling after they hit someone sir.

Dude: Oh, whatever man!

This is how I dress for the range sobchak.jpg

Not at the range, but the Gun Show at the Cobb Count Civic Center this past weekend I was explaining to a guy when you don't want to use rounds that are AP or will over penetrate, this is after he asked me about the advantages/disadvantages of some amoo he was looking at, I said well this is for home defense yes? He confirmed, I said are you 100% certain you know what is behind your potential target 100% of the time? IE childrens bedrooms, dogs, cats, neighbors, etc?

Dude: what does that matter?

me: Bullets can keep traveling after they hit someone sir.

Dude: Oh, whatever man!

I can tell you from first hand experience, the intelligence level at those Cobb County Civic Center Gun shows ain't too high...LOL!

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

I can tell you from first hand experience, the intelligence level at those Cobb County Civic Center Gun shows ain't too high...LOL!

The Eastman shows are not to bad, this was an RK show, you are more likely to buy Jewelry and beads then get a decent gun deal.

but ya not just Cobb gun shows, but gun shows in general are a stomping ground for numnuts it seems. I am tired of the grumpy dudes that don't sell guns at them, or the ones that sell bull crap wally world knives.

"This won't lock open without an empty mag"

"I took all the FMJ's out of my bag in the parking lot..ball ammo is ok right?"

"That wasn't rapid fire I counted to 2 in my head!"

"380 and 9mm are the same thing."

"Oh it's not loaded."

"So who's shootin' the loud guns today?"

I really do love my job, but I swear sometimes it's why I drink lol

Oh oh oh, and the other day while a guy was walking down range he tried talking to me over his shoulder while he kept walking. He was wearing a skin tight synthetic shirt with no sleeves, even though he shouldn't have been. He was shooting an AK he had tact'd out with quad rails and all the bells and whistles that people pile on their AR's these days. He wanted to know if I'd "..seen many of those hell houds.." I pretended to not hear him...

I've never been to a public range in my life and thanks to threads like this I have no desire to.

It's not as bad as all that. I meet a lot of sharp individuals at my Club's range. We are open to the public and people come from miles around. Only place around to shoot 1K yards. The idiots just tend to stand out more.

As a result I have a wide range of firearms interests, and it continues to widen. Saw my 1rst converted S-12 doing dumps at that range.

I was about 30 yards down the line. I remember saying to myself, "I really don't know what the Fuck that is, but I've gotta have one!"exciting.gif

• Like 2

OC'ing 1911 in Blackhawk SERPA.

"That sure is a nice setup, but why would you buy a holster like that?"

-I know they're a little controversial thanks to some AD's, but I feel more secure with the SERPA.

"But why would you buy a holster you can't conceal?"

-Because I'm 5'6", 140 lbs. Attempting to CC a 1911 (my personal preference) is a PITA.

"But only LEO's can open carry."

-Facepalm- Says who?

"You have a permit, right? It's a CC permit."

-Sir, there is no such thing in the state of Indiana.

"Yes there is! It's illegal to open carry!"

-Really? Look at your permit.

-Looks at his permit- "It doesn't say on here. It just says license to carry."

-Does this indicate anything to you?

"Well it doesn't have to. You're supposed to know."

0_0 -How have you not choked to death on your own tongue?

Didn't say much after that...

• Like 1

guy: my best friend is a seal and can shoot anything

me: can he balance a ball on his nose at the same time ?

Yes... yes, he can...

10_3342_rt__61987_zoom.jpg

I would so wear that!!

Then you should buy it to celebrate your 1,000th post!

I seriously spit out my gum with force onto my monitor laughing after almost choking on it

OC'ing 1911 in Blackhawk SERPA.

"That sure is a nice setup, but why would you buy a holster like that?"

-I know they're a little controversial thanks to some AD's, but I feel more secure with the SERPA.

"But why would you buy a holster you can't conceal?"

-Because I'm 5'6", 140 lbs. Attempting to CC a 1911 (my personal preference) is a PITA.

"But only LEO's can open carry."

-Facepalm- Says who?

"You have a permit, right? It's a CC permit."

-Sir, there is no such thing in the state of Indiana.

"Yes there is! It's illegal to open carry!"

-Really? Look at your permit.

-Looks at his permit- "It doesn't say on here. It just says license to carry."

-Does this indicate anything to you?

"Well it doesn't have to. You're supposed to know."

0_0 -How have you not choked to death on your own tongue?

Didn't say much after that...

Haha! I've gotten the same shit in Walmart by one of those people who think "only people with a chip on their shoulder, trying to look like a baddass, open carry"

If the range close to me has a lot of people, there's guaranteed to be at least one idiot asking if I have a class 3 license and telling me how illegal my shit is, and several people that gather around our table to ask about all our guns. That's cool because we always let young shooters try whatever they want and most of the time the people are really cool.

I don't own any class 3 items but where did the "license" myth come from? Oh!!! And... "it's illegal to own an AK in Indiana."

• Like 1

Haha! I've gotten the same shit in Walmart by one of those people who think "only people with a chip on their shoulder, trying to look like a baddass, open carry"

I actually had some hilarious reactions while OC'ing in Meijer at 1AM awhile back. The employees would ignore me as they stocked the shelves until they inevitably saw my Sig 1911. Then it was suddenly, "Are you finding everything alright, sir?" "Can we help you with anything?" "Here, let me get that for you!"

Good Lord, sheeple. Go find a pregnant lady to help or something.

Another time at the range, there was a guy with some antique-looking revolver. I never got a good look at it, but he was making a big fuss about it. My buddy and I were in a pistol bay along with his group of 3 or 4 friends who had been periodically busting out a .357. He takes this big revolver, tells his friends to stand back, and yells over to us, "We're goin' hot over here!!"

Then he makes sure no one is anywhere near him, takes a stance like it's a .500 or some shit, sloooowly squeezes the trigger, and -pop-.

Thing was like a .38spl. So incredibly anti-climactic that I had to turn around and start reloading so as not to laugh hysterically in his face.

• Like 1

I actually had some hilarious reactions while OC'ing in Meijer at 1AM awhile back. The employees would ignore me as they stocked the shelves until they inevitably saw my Sig 1911. Then it was suddenly, "Are you finding everything alright, sir?" "Can we help you with anything?" "Here, let me get that for you!"

Good Lord, sheeple. Go find a pregnant lady to help or something.

Another time at the range, there was a guy with some antique-looking revolver. I never got a good look at it, but he was making a big fuss about it. My buddy and I were in a pistol bay along with his group of 3 or 4 friends who had been periodically busting out a .357. He takes this big revolver, tells his friends to stand back, and yells over to us, "We're goin' hot over here!!"

Then he makes sure no one is anywhere near him, takes a stance like it's a .500 or some shit, sloooowly squeezes the trigger, and -pop-.

Thing was like a .38spl. So incredibly anti-climactic that I had to turn around and start reloading so as not to laugh hysterically in his face.

Maybe it WAS an antique... and he was more worried about innocent bystanders and shrapnel if it blew up, and wanted everyone well clear, and paying attention, than the fact that it was going to be a horrendously loud boom?!?!?

Dunno... just a thought... :shrug:

:smoke:

Maybe it WAS an antique... and he was more worried about innocent bystanders and shrapnel if it blew up, and wanted everyone well clear, and paying attention, than the fact that it was going to be a horrendously loud boom?!?!?

Dunno... just a thought... :shrug:

:smoke:

That's kinda what I was thinking. He must not have had the utmost confidence in the gun itself. Which begs the question, "Why fire it at all?"

Some people's children, man... -shakes head-

I was sighting in my pistol (shooting to the left), someone (my brother) comes up to me and tells me, my gun is too inaccurate. Then shows me his. He also tells me his ar15 never jams and is super accurate. He only has a berska red dot (no back up sights) and only shoots about 100 rounds each range trip.

• 4 years later...

Today it was the kid on the next bench (mid 20s maybe, I'm not a good judge of age cause everybody under 40 looks like a kid to me).

He was a manly man who had no use for puny AR-15s.  He explained that loudly and repeatedly as people on both sides of him were shooting ARs. 

I had 3 ARs with me that I just put chrome silicon buffer springs in and I wanted to verify reliability.  Along with 2 AKs that I had put ALG springs in and also wanted to verify reliability.  I have this "thing" about checking reliability whenever I change any of the operating parts on a firearm.  Crazy I know...

He was shooting a VEPR x54 which is certainly a serious rifle.  But in the hour or so I was there he shot 20 rounds at a target 25 yards away. 

His girlfriend was with him and she was shooting a Ruger LCR at a steel gong 5 yards out.  She never hit it once in about 30 rounds.  Her grip was horrible and she was pulling every shot high right.  His "solution" was to keep telling her to aim low left.