For the most part when we think of a "lie" we think in terms of something that has been said or written that is simply not true and the speaker or writer is fully aware of the falsehood, there is an effort to intentionally deceive. But there is another kind of lie where the intention is the same but it involves saying or writing nothing, the avoidance of speaking of a matter entirely. This is a "Lie of Omission" which is defined as;

Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, a lie by omission occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions.

When something is said or written and represented as fact, if it is not, the fraud can be exposed but with a lie of omission this is not always true. It is much more difficult to point out say a newspaper article that was not written or certain facts or ideas that were not included regarding any given subject. This is what makes lies of omission so dangerous, they are easy to get away with.

One of the biggest lies of omission told by those from whom we get our news and information is GUNS SAVE LIVES. In fact many would consider this assertion to be laughable. This is because we have been so conditioned by the main stream media to believe that guns equal death, guns are bad, nothing good can come from guns, guns are necessary, that even those of us who know better feel somewhat shy at times making the claim that GUNS SAVE LIVES.

In light of recent events I can imagine gun owners and gun rights advocates may struggle to counter the constant barrage of information and points of view that represent only one side of the story.

Of course this is all designed to support and further an agenda, more strict guns laws. It's easy to stir up emotions and capitalize on the pain and suffering of innocents to hammer home a simple message, Guns are bad and should be done away with. Of course this is impossible. If the government had the resources to search every home in America for guns and then confiscate them guns would still not be eliminated. But the fact is guns should not be eliminated because GUNS SAVE LIVES.

Those who engage in demagoguery seek to make their message simple to cater to short attention spans, this issue and their message is about Life and Death. And I would agree with them. This issue is about Life and Death, the lives of innocent crime victims and the deaths of criminals. Of course Limousine Liberals like Diane Feinstein, Bloomberg and the rest are the first shrill voices to be heard after any tragedy involving guns as they never let a tragedy go to waste when it comes to furthering their agendas. Regardless of what Feinstein says today, never forget what she said back then;

"If I could have banned them all – ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns’ – I would have!” - Diane Feinstein, Statement on TV program 60 Minutes, Feb 5 1995

I don't know about you but I refuse to back away and be apologetic about my belief in the 2nd Amendment and the inalienable human right to self defense. So when the topic turns to gun control the point I will make is Guns Are Good because Guns Save Lives, period. But simply saying this is not that effective in trying to enlighten those who might sway public policy, those who are on the fence or undecided. If you're going to hit a target you need ammo, and here's some taken from the Gun Owners Of America website;

• Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day. This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.
  • Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.
  • As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.
  • Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.
  • Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).6 And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."

You can find the rest of the article here. While it was written in 2008 I can't imagine the numbers have changed significantly. Importantly, the points made in this article have footnotes and citations. This is just a sampling of the information that is available such as documented proof of falling crime rates where concealed carry is allowed etc.

This is a story the media well never tell, and it's a story that every talking head who supposedly is providing commentary for "our side" needs hammer home, GUNS SAVE LIVES!

• Like 9

This thread reminds me of two things:

1) That ridiculously biased news piece video about how CCW doesn't work. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I'll post a link if I can find it. Cliff notes: They give a gun to some people who have never handled a gun (and 1 kid who's spent some time on a range). Then have an active shooter unexpectadly rush into a class room and immediately shoot the one person with a gun. This is all to prove that CCW doesn't work, because that's exactly how it would go down in real life. (Am I laying the sarcasm on thick enough?)

2) How the movie critic Roger Ebert wrote an article about the theater shooting, stating that CCW doesn't work, because not one person in the theater shot back. The thing is............that chain of cinemas has a policy that does not allow CCW. So as usual, the good guys abide by the law and fucked by the bad guy who doesn't give a shit about a sign on the door.

post-5916-0-61794600-1343245441.jpg

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

This post is going on 6 months old but it's more relevant now than is was in July in light of the current climate with regard to Gun Rights.

When the cowards who would seek to take our rights away speak of someone having blood on their hands I would agree, someone does.

THEY DO!!!

They have passed laws that mandate the plain and clear marking of certain areas to be "SECURITY FREE" Zones. They have shown cowardly criminals and the sick, twisted bastards among us exactly where to commit atrocities with little chance of resistance.

They have passed laws that make the most basic, essential human right, the right to defend one's own life and the life of their families ILLEGAL while the elderly, the infirm, children and the weakest among us cower in fear for their very lives.

Through their moral relativism they have removed right and wrong, accountability and responsibility from our culture and given those who have no respect for life and the rights of others the green light to do as they will.

And yet they have the unfathomable nerve to say it is those of us who do respect and abide by the law who are responsible when the animals they have unleashed upon us do what animals do. Then they shamelessly exploit and manipulate these unspeakable tragedies to further their own political agendas.

When the NRA puts it's money where it's mouth is and offers real insight and ways to protect our children they scoff and roll their eyes. There is more honor circling the shitter in the men's room at the NRA than there is in the main stream media, the halls of congress and each and every hollywood boardroom.

Yes, there are bloody hands in this but they are hidden from view to all but a few.

As Stryker posted it's time to stand upright, strengthen our resolve and meet them head on. We owe this to ourselves, our families and all of those who sacrificed everything to preserve our rights and way of life in this country.

If you don't have the stomach for it, stand aside and keep the whining to yourself.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Reviving this timeless thread with some new resources. As I've said (many times) the media downplays, hides and otherwise avoids storied about law abiding citizens protecting themselves and their families with guns. Here are some real stories;

http://equalforce.net/EqualForce2/UNDERREPORTED_NEWS_OF_SELF_DEFENSE_THROUGHOUT_AMERICA.html

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=201909809627841554931.0004a99a6ee3d077dae2d&ie=UTF8&t=h&source=embed&ll=37.579413,-96.416016&spn=27.745558,61.611328&z=4

When the Grabber/Banners wring their hands with tears in their eyes and talk about how it's 'for the children', I say yes, yes it is. It's about my children, your children, the elderly, the wheelchair bound, in short it's about the weakest and most vulnerable members of our society being able to protect themselves against the lawless animals walking our streets.

So don't make the means for potential victims to protect themselves illegal!

If just one of these self-righteous bastards (or bitches) can tell me exactly how many rounds I will need to protect myself from a potential threat, that's how many I will use. But it's a rhetorical question, NO ONE can predict how much firepower is enough. There are conceivably times when 30, 60 or 90 aren't enough.

So Ms. Feinstein et al, it is my and my family's lives that are on the line and you have no right whatsoever to try and limit my ability to protect them.

In fact, curse you for trying to trying to do so.

• Like 2

Plus I am tired of the ignorant a-holes that keep saying, "why do you need a weapon that can shoot thousands of rounds a second and kill hundreds of people in seconds"?

Well, it doesn't shoot thousands of rounds a second and most importantly I don't use my guns to shoot at people ( it's kind of against the law, man and God's, asshole) and I hope I never have to in my life time but should that ever come to fruition I'll keep you in mind!

This mentality is directly related to the fact pointed out in the OP that the lying media and hollywood have conditioned the simpletons that guns=death=BAD.

I think being able to point to real, verifiable instances of armed defense is arguably the most powerful tool to counter Gun Control misinformation. While the ultimate argument is that the 2nd Amendment says this unalienable right shall not be infringed, I think the Saves Lives, Protects the Weak, Protects the Elderly truths can do a lot to reach those capable of being influenced.

For now it's a war of words and IMO Gun Rights proponents need to be telling truths the MSM hides. 20 years ago it would be impossible but now the net gives us the power to meet the challenge.

Yep, the liberal press would die before printing or covering a story about someone using a gun to save a life! There's no doubt that Obammy and his ilk are hellbent on destroying the country from within!

Thanks Squishy, for posting this!

Edited by unclejake

Anything and everything that is good about guns and their owners will never be printed by the Liberal owned media.

And I'm also tired of hearing about 30rd. Magazines (not clips).

For one thing that damn AR was not used in Newtown, so quit saying assualt weapon.

And another thing it's magazine not clip. For FK sake get it right you retards.

And also we can not own fully automatic weapons. Only a select few can.

Edited by MfWiC
Anything and everything that is good about guns and their owners will never be printed by the Liberal owned media.

And I'm also tired of hearing about 30rd. Magazines (not clips).

For one thing that damn AR was not used in Newtown, so quit saying assualt weapon.

And another thing it's magazine not clip. For FK sake get it right you retards.

And also we can not own fully automatic weapons. Only a select few can.

All your facts do not matter but you know this already.

Today in America , as Dr Carson who recently addressed barry's prayer breakfast ( I bet barry and the wookie regret that one) the intelligent quotient in this country is so low they can neither comprehend nor quantify what is presented in newsprint or TV as fact or fiction.

Those running the media are all to well aware of this and exploit this to the max.

If you continually lie to the ignorant masses it will be accepted as fact. Klinton was/is very skilled in this technique.

Aside from the blatant fraud and massive corruption which also was ignored, how do you think barry got re-elected or for that fact elected in the first place??

Never before in the history of the republic has a president been reelected with the crushing debt and unemployment at such staggering levels. This proves the theory works, ask Goebbles. By the time barry leaves office (which I pray he is impeached) this will be unrecoverable and the republic a failed fairy tale the new regime will also lie about it's demise. Now barry can indiscriminately kill Americans, which BTW Bush H2Oboards 3 ragheads and they sh*t in their pants including barry but their furher barry can kill at his behest and it's OK????

Dark days ahead folks.