Technology is crazy! This guy "printed" a function AR lowe

So this guy decided to use a 3D printer and print an AR lower. It's sort of mind boggling. If you don't know what a 3D printer is, look on YouTube. Weirdest shit ever.

So far he's tried it with a .22 upper and 5.56 upper. It functioned fine. It's not super tough plastic, but can you imagine in the not-so-distant future, being able to "print" super durable products like this? Crazy. The higher end machines can print in more detail, and there is already machines that can print metal. But the cost of the machine, etc, comes into play at that point. But someday, I imagine that the price will come down if 3D printers become more popular. Polymer pistol frames, anyone?big_smile.gif

You need some furniture for you gun? No problem; print it. New mag bodies? Print them. Dildo replica of your penis for your wife? Print it.

Check out the thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/579913_3D_printed_lower___yes__it_works_.html

It looks kinda rough, but it was printed on his own personal machine, which is pretty old.

• Like 2

There is a guy on another forum I'm on who did the same thing. May be the same guy, but his website appears to be down now. The lower worked fine, but the problem is that it fails at the buffer tube extension mount, just like many polymer lowers do.

• Like 1

There is a guy on another forum I'm on who did the same thing. May be the same guy, but his website appears to be down now. The lower worked fine, but the problem is that it fails at the buffer tube extension mount, just like many polymer lowers do.

That's what I am wondering about stock adapters on the MKA-1919 and why some have more meat and different mounting methods...

Yep. The guy in the link I posted, dimensionally beefed up that area, and a few other areas. Imagine when stronger polymers are going to be able to be used? The possibilites are endless.

Jay Leno has one that he prints car parts on.

You should see the amazing shit you can print that could never be machined!

This was brought up in that thread. Amazing stuff.