saiga 12 with ak47 upper and lower forearm grips ?

Depending on your access to tools and know how it could be done very inexpensive.

post-6703-0-99425900-1343347504_thumb.jpg

I have the tools and know how.. fill me please.I would like to convert my S12 but not at that price..lol

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/13329-sister-thread-to-picture-posts/page__st__150#entry749923

post #174

Superhawk138, is that the Dinzag short front sight block on yours? I am in the process of doing the RSB swap on mine and my Dinzag short FSB seems to line up almost perfectly with my modified AKM RSB. I am trying to make the gas tube removable as well as making the AKM RSB removable like the stock S12 RSB is, so I am modifying mine to hook in to the trunnion instead of welding it in. No idea if it will work though.

Superhawk138, is that the Dinzag short front sight block on yours? I am in the process of doing the RSB swap on mine and my Dinzag short FSB seems to line up almost perfectly with my modified AKM RSB. I am trying to make the gas tube removable as well as making the AKM RSB removable like the stock S12 RSB is, so I am modifying mine to hook in to the trunnion instead of welding it in. No idea if it will work though.

Welding to trunuin is an acceptable method. Legion has been doing it for years on dozens of models.

All of the new legion models with AK RSB's, including the Iz433 / 030 for example use this method also.

I'm not sure on Superhawk138's I had to build my own for my own projects.

IMG_0976A.JPG

Edited by RamLake
  • Like 2

Oh, I know it's acceptable and being done by others, I just want to be able to swap back to stock if I want, not that I can see myself actually wanting to, but who knows.

That's cool Mine also slips in exactly as the stock gas tube block does but to keep it from cantilevering up at the front I tiged a small fillet on thr trunuin just as legion does. There are several popular legion modls that they just set the modified AK RSB on top of the barrel and weld on thr existing gas block

Factory

post-23663-0-51942800-1343410275_thumb.jpg

Mine

post-23663-0-14432100-1343410317_thumb.jpg