May need AK-74 mag springs, baseplate retainers

Title says it all......looking to get eight (8), AK-74 mag springs and base-plate retainers ( not the actual floorplates).

Not 100% sure I will need these.....but need to be on the lookout in case certain shipments don't get to me from overseas. Delivery is late and I'm getting antsy that things went wrong........

Good source for these?....maybe even someone here on the board?

Edited by IPSC45

As it may help others....Wolf does not have these for AK-74....but will have them later in the year. When they do, they will be "extra strength"..maybe 5% stronger or more...and not "stock".

Anybody else ?......... come to find out that some Tapco 5.45 parts may work.... for those of you who tried using Tapco, don't like them..... and have them sitting on the side....maybe this is your way to move parts ??

Edited by IPSC45

Another possibility......

For you guys who have done the Saiga 5.45 conversions....and don't want/need the original 10 rd Saiga mag....this can work for me too as a nice parts source. Price has to be right too... smile.gif.... anyone?

For others facing this....some options.....

- Tapco 30 rd AK-74 mags have some parts that will interchange and work..... followers...retainer baseplates ( not floorplates) and springs.......

- Saiga 10 rd mags, .....followers, baseplates, floorplates and springs ( yes....full length springs for 30 rd mags are found in 5.45 cal Saiga 10 rd mags !!!).