Figured someone may like this...

Its been a while since Ive posted on the S12 forums, but figured Id post this just because it seems like something that may be appreciated ( or cringed at LOL) here.

It started its life as a lower a friend had and no longer wanted. And for some reason I said "Sure, I'll take it, its not like I will ever bother with an ar otherwise..."

And a year and some change later it became this, and ive found I really like the damn thing.... I give you the only AR-15 I'll likely ever own:

An older pic from before the sling:

1r154.jpg

and After tracking down an M1907 sling:

arsling.jpg

arslingalt.jpg

I Know, Im a Sick man.... LOL

Edited by Desolo
  • Like 7

Now that’s cool. I’ve been to matches where some people take 5 minutes to figure out which AR is theirs when they’re all put in a gun rack, you’ll never have that problem (even from a hundred yards away).

• 2 weeks later...

Where, pray tell, did you ever find that WOOD?

Got the stock set from Precison Firearms http://www.precision...rms.com/19.html Mine is the Oiled Walnut, the fore grip was made from a repro m1928 foregrip refinished as best I could to match the stock set and mated to a rail riser.

The wood is classy and I like the tommy gun style fore grip. You need some wood panel rail covers to really top it off.

The Free float tube is a midwest industries SS-15 gen 2, and while the wood rail covers sound awesome, I got this handgaurd cause it had very few rails other then what I bolt to it, and it is LIGHT (which sounds odd when you look at the rifle cause it LOOKS heavy and IS somewhat, but it balances VERY well... or atleast thats what it seems to me and the people who have tried it out say laugh.png )

Although.... Maybe if I get around to putting together another upper maybe that would be a really sweet setup to.... get a light quad rail and maybe a 14.5 pinned barrel, then rig up some rail covers from oil finished oak?

I AM thinking about making a lace up leather cover ala' sten gun as an alternate and lighter fore end cover option in the future....but the foregrip is quite comfortable and works well for insulating your hand from the heat since the free float tube is so slim.

Also, thanks for the compliments, This thing is oddly enough becoming my favorite RIFLE... which is odd because im an AK person laugh.png .. but my S-12 is my favorite Shotgun So Dont worry

Edited by Desolo
  • Like 1