Low brass, 1-1/8, #7.5 cycling success???

Has anyone been able to cycle 'any' low brass shells in their 1919?

I haven't broken mine in yet, but it would be good to know ...... assuming you were successfull ...... what shells did you use, and what mods (if any) have you done to your 1919?

I see a good price on Federal Game-Shok, 12ga, 2 3/4", 1 1/8 oz, #7.5 @ 1,255 FPS for $6.20/25 round box at Cheaper ...., but I'm not sure it it's high or low brass, or will/won't cycle in a new 1919. (????)

I have a lot of 00 buck, and riffled slugs .... but would prefer to use less expensive shells if they will work, and as usual ... I'd like to order in bulk (500 rounds min.) to get the best deals/shipping.

I'm hoping you guys can help steer me right on this ........

TIA,

Flyer91

Edited by flyer91
  • Like 1

I strictly use Winchester AA Super Sport Clays, 2 3/4", 3 1/4 dram,1300 fps, 1 1/8 oz, 7 1/2 shot. They have been foolproof so far.

I have also used the 3 dram/1250 fps with the same results.

Edited by compshootfl
  • Like 1

We are having 3" feeding issues , runs about 80-85% , really crimping the shell , it hits the top of the chamber and jams the bolt , putting a crimp in the shell about 1-1 1/4" down from the top , on the bottom side of the shell , against the bottom side of the chamber/barrel. Almost ALL 3" shells have this crimp , most go ahead and feed in though.

I strictly use Winchester AA Super Sport Clays, 2 3/4", 3 1/4 dram,1300 fps, 1 1/8 oz, 7 1/2 shot. They have been foolproof so far.

^^^^ these are the exact ones, I reload them also to this spec

• 1 month later...

I cant get Federal bulkpack to run for shit. The AAs, even the 1200 fps ones, seem to run fine though.

youtube videos is are uploading now.

This was RANDOM ammo I picked up off the ground , while ROing a 3gun match , loaded in my 1919 .

Had ONE , FTE , it was a pink top flite???

I thought I had all 4 mags loaded full016.gif ,guess I was distracted by my REAL reason for being thererolleyes.gif

Anyway the second set were full.

Second video , I had the other RO shoot it , ALL 4 were full , 48 rounds , one double feed ,2 failure to load.

The one failure to load had been STEPPED on and was an OVALwacko.png , like I said they were picked up OFF the ground.

Edited by toothandnail

I cant get Federal bulkpack to run for shit. The AAs, even the 1200 fps ones, seem to run fine though.

Shot another couple hundred AAs today through my Firebird mags, both 1150 and 1200fps ones and not a single jam with the 1200 fps ones, not even in the older Gen 1 mags. The 1150s were flawless in the Gen 2s, but the new mag springs seemed to slow down the bolt too much to strip the top round off of the Gen 1s.