"If we don't individually stand up and out as decent, caring, civilized people then all hope is lost." Taken from a paragraph quoted by Odd Man Out.

I start this thread in hopes that it will serve as an over abundant source of proof that we gun owners have no intentions of harming anyone.

My fellow firearm owners,

We have a tough, and trying road ahead of us. Let us meet the challenge head on through educating any, and all who read this thread. We are not criminals, and we respect and uphold the law. Passion, and uplifting goals define us as firearms enthusiasts. Violence defines the wicked, and we stress the separation between them and us. Look further in at us and you see military, law enforcement, enthusiasts, and hunters make up the majority of our group. We are people of all nationalities, races, and walks of life coming together in freedom and liberty.

I urge everyone to bring people who may have questions concerning the validity of the depth, and importance placed on laws by firearm owners.

Thank you.

Please post if you support the above comment.

• Like 4

I took my niece one time with us. She was raised around firearms, but had never shot one. After she did a couple of tubes in the .22, she wanted to shoot my AK. After that, I couldn't keep her out of the mag box. The .45 proved a little much for her at first, but by the end of the session, she was in the kill zone on a B27. She wants to go with us again after she gets back from her road trip with daddy.

• Like 1

Was talking with a customer of mine that happens to be a lib lawyer the other day (yeah.... uh oh).

I somehow got dragged into the "guns are bad" debate with him due to recent events.

I must have said something right, by the time I left his house, he and his wife said they are

going down to the gun shop to buy a Glock 9mm for home defense.

Made me feel good to win one for the good guys.... especially to turn a lib lawyer around!

super_man.gif

• Like 3

Had My Brother, His wife, and their 2 boys, 9 and 11, at the house on Sunday.

We shoot 22s and my little 25. The boys had a blast(all punn intented)

I even showed them how I reload for 12ga and 40S&W.

They are hooked, Brother is getting 2 hand guns, they have a 22 rifle.

Edited by RED333
  • Like 1

Was talking with a customer of mine that happens to be a lib lawyer the other day (yeah.... uh oh).

I somehow got dragged into the "guns are bad" debate with him due to recent events.

I must have said something right, by the time I left his house, he and his wife said they are

going down to the gun shop to buy a Glock 9mm for home defense.

Made me feel good to win one for the good guys.... especially to turn a lib lawyer around!

super_man.gif

Not to rain on your parade as you did good and should be commended but be advised many many anti-gun turds especially the most vocal HAVE guns because these limpdicks won't pubicly admit whhat we already know. I think you already know this though.

Off subject, read Unintended Consequences. It is an excellent read.

• Like 2

I've been able to get a few people I work with interested in firearms and some others here and there. Some people are unwilling to give it a chance and have the "guns kill people" idea driven into their heads.

I'm starting NRA instructor courses Friday and already have a few people wanting to take safety courses. No, it's likely not going to make me any money but at least I'll be able to legitimately show people something. I'm going to try to work out something with my community to teach courses to some of our youth.

• Like 2

As soon as I get the sherpa holster I ordered for my Glock I plan on taking a group of timid newbies out and impress them with my quick draw skills. OK, my quick draw skills that I plan to acquire. What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2

As soon as I get the sherpa holster I ordered for my Glock I plan on taking a group of timid newbies out and impress them with my quick draw skills. OK, my quick draw skills that I plan to acquire. What could possibly go wrong?

Ha, yeah what could possibly go wrong with that combination.

don`t forget to make a video
  • Like 1

It's a nice thought but I've been trying to do that all my life and I think all my efforts have been about as effective as a fart in a class 5 hurricane. Most people either get it or they don't. However, I wish anyone that is so motivated the best of luck.

Remember the move to make us criminals, and that is the final goal, is not logical or reasonable but cloaks evil intent beyond most imaginations.

Do what you can when you can but keep it in mind this world seriously hates a free man. Support Appleseed by all means.

I was showing the pics of my "evil black rifle" collection to another IT tech ( I do support consulting, service and training to in-house medical IT folks) and she expressed an interest in going out to shoot with our regular group of desert rats and see what it was all about, but was a bit leery of a bunch of "crazy redneck gunners".

Fast forward through a Sunday afternoon full of Saigas, AK clones, AR's, a CETME, .22's, 9mm and .40's and a Desert Eagle in .50AE.

Zombie targets, water jugs, bad watermelons and other targets were shredded with much enjoyment and camaraderie.

I'm not sure which one stunned her more, being instructed (correctly, mind you!) in range safety rules and weapon handling by my neighbor's 12 year old or his 11 year old taking the 25 yard zombie target apart with the .50AE.

Last shots were at 200 yards with 8 pound tannerite targets just after sunset, always a crowd pleaser.

I practically had to pry my Saiga .223 out of her hands at the end of the day.

She is shopping for a Saiga .223 and a 9mm pistol now.

Her devout anti-gun democrat parents are absolutely flabbergasted. Well, mom anyway. Seems dear old dad wants to come out now to see what it's all about. (heh, heh, heh)

Winning hearts and minds, one range trip at a time!

Edited by The Deacon
  • Like 5

I think this is a most righteous cause. Some minds can never be changed but at the root of it all is ignorance, simply a lack of knowledge. Once knowledge is attained the fear goes away or is lessened greatly. This is attested to over and over in the stories told here.

All you can do is offer to show others what it's all about and I think stressing the safety aspects is a good way to get a foot in the door. I think if you asked most sane, reasonable people, "You would like to learn more about firearm safety wouldn't you?" I think the majority would take you up on it. And again, as it's told here repeatedly, once they have the weapon in their hands after being instructed in safe handling and firing the rest is history. And you know what?, they will talk about it and the next time the subject comes up they will speak from a different perspective.

Yeah, some will never understand and some arguments will never be won. But in my opinion if just one person changes their mind after being educated it's well worth the effort.

• Like 2

I think that people will tend to fear what they don't understand sometimes. All we can do is show them a smile with an outstretched hand. After that it's up to them to take it or leave it. If they leave it, then it's up to us to move on, and be available for someone else.

The main idea here is to present them with that choice.

The following statement isn't meant for those who are well educated in this topic:

There are several ways for someone to die. If criminals can't get their hands on firearms, they have access to several other methods. Some would even increase the death count. The fact is that bad things happen in life, and there are always going to be evil people. Laws banning or restricting firearms isn't going to stop evil. Those laws would do the exact opposite.

don`t forget to make a video

If not, I know where I can borrow a similar one.