Looking for a mid barrel comp any suggestions

Yes but u have to send them in to r&r to have it done and its the midle of the 3 gun season

Im looking for reviews i know who makes them ex. r&r , fire bird, dreadnaght and im pretty sure firebird no longer makes them

I don't think that is correct, I don't think he will sell the comp separate from his built shotgun. I tried to buy one for my 3 gun rig and he wouldn't do it, I think I even asked if I sent him the gun would he install it, it was a no go.

Looking for reviews and such. Started 3 gun this year and took 3 for my first one ever. So i was thinking a mid barrel comp might give me more of an edge.

Dreadnaught is your best bet, I have seen the new Firebird on several guns and lets say I am skeptical that it does much. I was told they would be for sale in about a month, that was 9 months ago. I have seen several at the 3 gun matches and I don't see how they could do much at all, they just basically blow gas out of the port holes at a 45 degree angle. The R&R forces gas forward and then backwards through a baffle system, in my opinion it is much more effective. I wish they were for sale! The Dreadnaught is ugly as hell but looks like it is similar to the R&R in gas venting.

Yes but u have to send them in to r&r to have it done and its the midle of the 3 gun season

Im looking for reviews i know who makes them ex. r&r , fire bird, dreadnaght and im pretty sure firebird no longer makes them

Firebird no longer makes the original version which worked really well, now they make one for the Akdal that will fit the Saiga, if they ever decide to sell them.

I called. and talk to him already and said it would be about a 100 in labor and take 4 to 6 week turn around so i dont know whT ur talking about

And he said they make a singe comp that u dont have to rework the gas system

So maybe he change his policy i dont know u should call if ur still intrested..is the dradnaught worth it

I called. and talk to him already and said it would be about a 100 in labor and take 4 to 6 week turn around so i dont know whT ur talking about

And he said they make a singe comp that u dont have to rework the gas system

So maybe he change his policy i dont know u should call if ur still intrested..is the dradnaught worth it

Called who? Robert at R&R or Jim at Firebird?

Edited by NinerRider

I am also interested in having my competition Saiga compensated in some way. Was thinking of a muzzle brake but I really want to use interchangeable chokes. So…the mid-barrel comp would be the way to go as far as I know but I do not want to sacrifice any reliability. Would a single mid-barrel comp that wouldn’t need a gas system mod be able to maintain reliability or would there be a sacrifice of some sort? Would there be any other mods required like a lighter recoil spring?

How much recoil would a single mid-barrel comp provide? I’ve never shot a comped shotgun so I don’t have much to compare to.

Thanks.