Why would u avoid them

Like mentioned above, they have been implicated in malfunctions, not just due to the clamping, but also because they are bulky and can adversely affect the harmonics of the gun causing malfunctions.

They are also unnecessary unless you are mounting a bunch of accessories all over your gun and if you are, you shouldn't be.

They also look like AirSoft or "Mall Ninja" rigs

If you want to mount a VFG, light or optic, there are smarter ways to do that.

Why would u avoid them

Like mentioned above, they have been implicated in malfunctions, not just due to the clamping, but also because they are bulky and can adversely affect the harmonics of the gun causing malfunctions.

They are also unnecessary unless you are mounting a bunch of accessories all over your gun and if you are, you shouldn't be.

They also look like AirSoft or "Mall Ninja" rigs

If you want to mount a VFG, light or optic, there are smarter ways to do that.

quoted for truth.

not to mention adding gross amounts of weight. my stock unconverted S12 was 7.5lbs. after the conversion its 9 (suck!), mostly due to the solid DPH stock. Its 9lbs and I'm still using the OEM handguard and no optics! so unless I can find a handguard that's lighter than the OEM part, I'm in trouble. I will add a 2" piece of rail at some point for a compact flashlight. but that's it.

I doubt this is mall ninja and secures much tighter that the stock plastic

it is mall ninja because you have 2 linear feet worth of rail, yet you are only using maybe 4" with the sight and grip combined. not to mention adding at LEAST a 16-20 oz to the overall weight.

I've got the UTG Pro(USA made) and I don't have any fte issues with mine. I however made sure that I tightned it down equally till it was tight. There is a small gap between the upper and lower section but its tight as hell.

U need to lift some weights if this shotgun is to heavy for you

silly rabbit. its not about being able to hold it up at the range and shoot wally world bulk (which is apparently what a large majority of S12 owners do). This gun is more than a HD weapon. I have to consider every possible scenario. One such "what if" is, what if you have to run with your weapon though miles and miles and miles of urban environment evading anything from gang members to zombies? after several miles at full tilt, you're gonna be WISHING you weren't carrying a 15lb shotgun. I don't care how roided up you are or how many times you've gone though P90X, all human muscles eventually fatigue. By decreasing the weight, you increase the amount of time before you hit that inevitable biological failure. That difference in time can mean the difference between life and death.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

silly rabbit. its not about being able to hold it up at the range and shoot wally world bulk (which is apparently what a large majority of S12 owners do). This gun is more than a HD weapon. I have to consider every possible scenario. One such "what if" is, what if you have to run with your weapon though miles and miles and miles of urban environment evading anything from gang members to zombies? after several miles at full tilt, you're gonna be WISHING you weren't carrying a 15lb shotgun. I don't care how roided up you are or how many times you've gone though P90X, all human muscles eventually fatigue. By decreasing the weight, you increase the amount of time before you hit that inevitable biological failure. That difference in time can mean the difference between life and death.

Ounces = pounds. Pounds = pain.

The Chaos quad-rail is a pound by itself...

Ounces = pounds. Pounds = pain.

The Chaos quad-rail is a pound by itself...

Yeah! A pound of pure awesomeness. lol In the early days before chaos the prime battle rail "HALO" weighted almost a pound heavier than our Chaos extended rail. Although I don't know the weight on the UTG, I do know its paper thin in areas and can be flexed by hand. One thing some people don't seem understanding here is in the case of our design your gas tube has added protection against crushing. We designed our rails for more than just looks, I won't get into that here, go read the ad! But the added protection and options, yes even for a shotgun out way the extra weight IMO. It's funny how you'll find many of the guys that make this kind of statement are the same guys with a 20 rd. drum in there saiga! Lets talk weight!:))

Not trying to offend anyone, just saying. For my applications (a weaponlight), the quad is too much rail. So that pound would become a burden on my shotty, pure and simple.

As for the tampons--well, they're right where they should be; underneath the bathroom sink for the wife. Get a girl and you just may understand this.

I bought the Chaos quad but I only use the tri-rail portion. I just have a foregrip. Im unsure if Im going to put optics on mine, Ive looked at red dots but if so I'm gonna use a low profile side rail mount.

PS - The Chaos is solid and well worth the money. Flimsy I've had crack and fall apart so I was looking for something that was tough. His stuff is. The shotgun is heavy. Its always going to be IMHO.

Here's the scenario in which I would apply a quad rail:

One day I'll be rich and successful and surrounded by hoards of thin beautiful women who will ask to come to the range with me. I will build them as large and heavy gun as I can. All the gizmos and things that are called "cool". It will absorb more recoil, and most likely be bench rested unless she can safely hold the gun up. If they pass the test and are still wanting more, they be welcome to graduate to my everyday skeet/clays and hunting gun. One day I'll marry one of these women and she will be welcome to try my personal SBS and my dragunov lookin slug gun I'll build after tromix starts makin those rifled bbl's.

In a thread called something like "can't say how happy I am with my conversions"(or something like that), a guy put up a picture of his quadrailed gun, full length top rail, magpul stock and bbl shroud. I'll admit the gun looked good, not totally necessary, but it was balanced.

That said, I still don't want one. I don't personally have anything against quad rails. They never said anything disrespectful about my mama, but I don't need that much railestate, so I have no desire to own one.