Does anyone have a range report on their Super Veprs?

I feel kinda shitty about this. I did a write-up with initial impressions on the Super that I bought and promised everyone a range report... months ago. Unfortunately, I still haven't had a chance to take this Super out and test it for accuracy. Right after I got it, I had to find a new place to live, move, unpack, settle in, etc. Then, I became seriously ill. Any way, shooting has been the last thing on my mind for the past few months, but my life has stabilized now, I am feeling a lot better and am starting to feel strong urges to head back out to my range.

I'll try to get out this weekend and put the Super through its paces, if it's not too hot out. Don't want to promise anything, but it's going to happen soon. I'll first try to get some groups with the irons and adjust the front post if necessary. Then, I'm going to try to zero my POSP. I'll probably use some German 80's 7.62 mm NATO surp "DAG" rounds for this, as it's supposed to be some nice, accurate brass ammo.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU
  • Like 1

well one of us will, I plan to get my rifle near the end of this month, and my In-laws have sufficient real-estate to make a 100 yd range, I have a Falcon Menace 4-14x44 w/ illuminated B20 reticle waiting to be put on it.

Edited by Dracozny

for the price point its a great scope, over at snipershide it seems to be regarded fairly, some love em others just scoff at em over the price factor, seems like a few snobs on that board.. a few years back there was some sort of QC issue but overall it has done well. I only just got the thing. seems very solid construction, should be able to handle some abuse.

just ordered my rifle from kvar and scope mount at kalinka, would have done molotusa, but they jacked up the price about $600 over..roughly a $300 difference in kvar/kalinkas favor after the fact.

so in the next couple weeks I will be working on clearing out some acreage for a range. definitely looking forward to some trigger time on this.

Edited by Dracozny

so with everything all mounted up without a mag, the rile comes in around 13.2 lbs. I realize I need to get in better shape as a result to shoulder this thing standing. I should be able to sandbag it for a range report. all we need now is to build the range. my buddy has amusingly suggested we try and make it 500 yards. I don't think he realizes how much work that would be.

Edited by Dracozny
  • 3 weeks later...

I still need to get the range built, why is it every time you plan on doing something all hell seems to break lose?

here are some pics of the rifle with the top mounted Falcon Menace 4-14x44mm B20 Illuminated scope and a Csspec 20rd slab mag.

2012-09-07%2013.27.30.jpg

here is a shot of the scope on the mount that I took before the rifle actually got here, notice the level of interference the scope imposes on the lever, I had to fiddle with that retaining nut as I inched it down tooth by tooth. you can even see I found a use for the politicians book that he sent me in the mail for free...

2012-08-20%2020.32.11.jpg

for some reason the reticle looks canted in this pic but its not actually canted in such a manner at all

2012-09-07%2013.29.22.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

as hilljack posted he got 1.5 MOA with Federal match ammo. I however was lucky to pull off 3.5 MOA with Remington 150 grain Core-Lokt. I will say its more likely me and not the rifle. its only been 9 years since I fired any rifle and that was an M14 in the Navy. I was sitting in the bed of my truck using the tool box as a bench, and even with trying to control my breathing I was wandering pretty bad(although it ma be because I had just spent two hours hacking away at brush to get some sort of a range) Ergonomically speaking, I need to resolve the cheek weld issue; it was more like a chin weld to get a sight picture. as far as brass goes, I lost two cartridges. the majority of them however ejected more forward and only slightly to the right by a few feet. the furthest being about 15 feet in front of me. I do want to figure out what the rifle is capable of and with that said I will look into getting one of those rest/vices.