Hey folks, does anyone out there have any experience with the new Sig Sauer 716 yet?

I'm shopping around for a .308/7.62x51mm battle rifle and needless to say the Sig 716 caught my eye. I've spent some time with the M14/M1A but it just doesn't really grab me, just I'm not into the ergonomics like I was expecting to be. The FN SCAR-H seems like a really cool, high-tech rifle that is worth further investigation, but it simply too overpriced in my opinion to be considered. I don't like that it uses proprietary mags either. I became quite enamored with the FAL platform after shooting a friend's and was intending to pull the trigger (no pun intended) on an 18" DSArms SA-58, however the Sig 716 has caused me to pause. I love that the 716 retains the AR ergonomics, is piston-driven (unlike most AR-10-esque .308 ARs) and uses PMAGs.

I realize it is still pretty new, but I was just curious if there was anyone out there who has had some trigger time on the 16" Patrol version (might be the only version of the 716 that is available right now, actually) of these and can comment on its accuracy?

Yes, I have seen the video on You Tube documenting the rifle that wasn't feeding right. The rifle is new, maybe it is having teething problems, maybe it is just that rifle in particular, maybe he didn't clean the all grease out that it comes packed in, who knows. Whatever the case, hopefully this was just an isolated occurance and Sig will make it right.

Anywho, I welcome any thought and experiences with this rifle. I was all set to buy a FAL at the end of this month but I'm gonna wait a little bit and contemplate things further.

i havent got to shoot one yet, but my local shop has one for under 1800. i finger fucked it a few times, and it IS nice. smooth action, same ergos as any other AR, but in the heavier hittin caliber. i do want one.

• 3 weeks later...