Saiga 12 RSB and gas tube upgrade?

Hello my fellow saiga12 owners!

Just wanted to ask if any body knew if there was a cheaper alternative for a traditional RSB and gas tube set up? I know din zag charges $300+ which I think is ridiculous but it seems like its the only option.

Can I use any other RSB? How about gas tube?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Sffred

I custom made mine from AK -74 parts. I think maybe you should try that route if you don't think $300 is more than fair. Just sayin...

BTW there was nothing else around of any kind back in '05, for domestic Saiga specific upgrades. Mine was the first to even sport real AK HGs on a US imported S-12. If Dinzag and his custom made setups had been available to me back then, I could have saved a lot of time and effort. Not sure about anyone else, but $300 doesn't go a real long way for me vs time spent. That's a bargain I may have gone for if I had been able to just order it and have it show up here easy to install. Or maybe not for me just because I really like making things work on my own. I get more out of it that way.

Edited by Cobra 76 two

Just wanted to ask if any body knew if there was a cheaper alternative for a traditional RSB and gas tube set up? I know din zag charges $300+ which I think is ridiculous but it seems like its the only option.

Sffred

If you think that's ridiculous, you clearly have not the slightest clue what effort goes into designing and machining his solution. You won't make many friends attacking Brian. Many of us have done business with him, and he's a stand-up businessman who produces innovative, useful products. I'm surprised Cobra didn't bite your head off...

Dinzag's parts are worth their weight in gold as far as I'm concerned (got his FSB and AK-74 style brake, but I didn't have the money to spend on his conversion, so I did it myself with (as Cobra mentioned) a Bulgarian AK-74 RSB and a Saiga rifle gas tube. The RSB is fairly easy to mod, the gas tube, not so easy.

I have done several of my own with removable gas tube and handguard.

DSCF3287A.JPG

DSCF3325.JPG

Although dinzags does not have lever release gas tube it's absolutly worth every penny as far as labor and material cost

Edited by RamLake

Sffred

If you think that's ridiculous, you clearly have not the slightest clue what effort goes into designing and machining his solution. You won't make many friends attacking Brian. Many of us have done business with him, and he's a stand-up businessman who produces innovative, useful products. I'm surprised Cobra didn't bite your head off...

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to attack Brian, or offend him in any way. I actually bought several items from him. I'm sorry if I offended you guys, and realistically I don't have an idea how much effort goes into his part, and that's why I posted is there a cheaper alternative. Once again I'm sorry to anybody to whom I offend when reading this, Especially Brian.

• Like 1

It would sound a whole lot better if you were to ask for a less expensive alternative. Brian makes awesome stuff. He dives into areas that nobody else wants to do. Just remember the old saying "You Get What You Pay For". With Saigas this is more than true. Good luck on your build.