First Saiga 12 Build - Part list part 2?

Hey guys,

So, still trying to do more research - I have a few more questions.

1) Last Round bolt hold open. I thought the S12 already had this. If I move the trigger group forward, do I lose the BHO? Is this the same as a LRBHO? How much of a pain in the butt is the Cadiz LRBHO install? Think my smith could pull it off? Also, would this product interfere with the Cadiz LRBHO? http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-271/Krebs-Saiga-Ak47-Safety/Detail?sfs=e75f1af1

2) Does the Carolina Raptor stock some with a butt pad? The page for the stock mentions other Ace pads optional, but it would seem silly to sell a stock without some sort of pad...

Thanks!

Sam

Hey guys,

So, still trying to do more research - I have a few more questions.

1) Last Round bolt hold open. I thought the S12 already had this. If I move the trigger group forward, do I lose the BHO? Is this the same as a LRBHO? How much of a pain in the butt is the Cadiz LRBHO install? Think my smith could pull it off? Also, would this product interfere with the Cadiz LRBHO? http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-271/Krebs-Saiga-Ak47-Safety/Detail?sfs=e75f1af1

2) Does the Carolina Raptor stock some with a butt pad? The page for the stock mentions other Ace pads optional, but it would seem silly to sell a stock without some sort of pad...

Thanks!

Sam

That safety lever won't be a problem, you can mod your factory lever to do the same thing in about 5 minutes. That's what I did.

My stock didn't come with a pad (not a Raptor), that's pretty common.

Edited by romad7

Sounds silly, but I suppose I understand (re: the pad).

And I'm looking at the Cadiz LRBHO, and theres a deluxe model.

"The Deluxe model is tabbed so that a tab protrudes thru the action where the original BHO was.

The tab moves each time the gun cycles and said tab will chew on your finger.

A slot is required to move the included button up onto the side of the reciever for better handling."

What does this mean?

Looks like that allows manual operation of the LRBHO like the factory BHO but it will cycle with the action causing the button to possibly hit your finger every time. That's the extent of my knowledge on that though.

I never use pads on Saiga 12s. They contribute to FTE with 'low brass' rounds. However, when I fire Remington Express 3" 00 Buck, I am wishing that I did have a pad.

Awww,.......... suck it up, tough guy.

beaten.gif