I have an AR 15 ( along with my AK and many other guns) with a nice scope on it that is a good shooter at 100 + yards and more but like any rifle with a scope it has its draw backs at closer ranges. I would like to have a CQ AR but also like shooting at the 100 yard range with it. So the question is do I just buy another one as me full time CQ weapon with the eotech and all or just buy the eotech and swap all the sutff back and forth? I know some are going to say you can shoot the eotech with a magnifier at the long distances but lets face it a good scope at 100 is going to give you better results than a eotech with a magnifier at 100 at least thats my opinion. I'm hoping some of you faced this same issue and have some ideas for me to steal.

Edited by pony_express1973

Sightmark has 3x, 5x, and 7x magnifiers that flip to the side and also are supposed to line up with the Eotech. At 100 yards I would think the 7x would be more than adequate for you. That would pretty much be the cheapest way to find out if magnifiers work for you. If not, you could always sell it and get a good chunk of your money back. Just my opinion.

Edited by TacticoolTim

The 1x4 30mm scopes are a good choice for the AK/AR, IMHO. I have a Primary Arms 1x4 and it has about a 90 ft 100 yard field of view at 1x. Also a red dot for lower light. There are a number of other scopes like this that will also work. The 4x setting will work for longer distances.

You could just get a 4x and use a QD mount.

• Like 1

The 1x4 30mm scopes are a good choice for the AK/AR, IMHO. I have a Primary Arms 1x4 and it has about a 90 ft 100 yard field of view at 1x. Also a red dot for lower light. There are a number of other scopes like this that will also work. The 4x setting will work for longer distances.

You could just get a 4x and use a QD mount.

I like this idea.

I've been considering a Millet DMS-1 for a budget scope for a long time, but now that PA has their own similar version, that's another option for the budget minded.

IS ANYBODY RUNNING AN EOTECH WITH A MAGNIFIER BIGGER THAN 3X ? IF SO HOW IS IT WORKING FOR YOU WHEN SHOOTING 100 PLUS YARDS ... I THINK THIS IS THE DIRECTION I AM LEANING SO I COULD PUT THE EXTRA MONEY INTO AMMO AND OTHER EQUIPMENT

Edited by pony_express1973

Go with the EOTech magnifier instead of the cheap one. Otherwise, you can drop some coin on an ACOG. I prefer the TA0NSN reticule. Quick to get on target at distance. Put the cross mark in the reticule that matches the target's shoulder width and squeeze the trigger. Simple. With a Docter mounted, you have your CQB sight.

Trijicon20Acog204x3220Scope20with20mini20red20dot204.jpg

Go with the EOTech magnifier instead of the cheap one. Otherwise, you can drop some coin on an ACOG. I prefer the TA0NSN reticule. Quick to get on target at distance. Put the cross mark in the reticule that matches the target's shoulder width and squeeze the trigger. Simple. With a Docter mounted, you have your CQB sight.

Trijicon20Acog204x3220Scope20with20mini20red20dot204.jpg

I like that I may have to see where I can get one of those

have you thought about a 1 to 4 or 6 power scope? I use a Millett DMS on one rifle and a Bushnell 1-4 Banner on a 2nd rifle the DMS was a couple hundred new and the Bushnell was under a hundred. These work great at 3 gun where targets are anywhere from point blank to 300 yard.

Here's a 1-6 that's a little more sporty in cost but pretty slick.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/razor-hd-gen-2-1-6x24-riflescope-with-jm-1-reticle

IS ANYBODY RUNNING AN EOTECH WITH A MAGNIFIER BIGGER THAN 3X ? IF SO HOW IS IT WORKING FOR YOU WHEN SHOOTING 100 PLUS YARDS ... I THINK THIS IS THE DIRECTION I AM LEANING SO I COULD PUT THE EXTRA MONEY INTO AMMO AND OTHER EQUIPMENT

Unless you were looking at really expensive 1-4x scopes, or were planning on using an off-brand magnifier and already have an EOTech...........an EOTech + magnifier, compared to a 1-4x scope, is going to be more expensive. EOTech brand 3x magnifiers alone, are almost $600 last time I checked. If you don't already have an EOTech, then you're looking at another $350 (minimum) to complete the setup.