Ok I admit Im a dick....but I cant stand when mags are called clips&#3

Am I a raging dick? should I let it go?

I can not hold back correcting people. It seems like lately everyone around me is calling mags clips and I get rude ass looks when I correct them, followed by an argument to try and justify why they call mags clips vs actually calling them magazines. To the point that I have just said whatever you're ignorant and walked away. Ya i shouldnt be worried I offended some one, or should I? Ive been pondering it all night. Is it me?

I Just went past the breaking point and it seems like too much, lately its clip this clip that, 40 round clip, 30 round clip, 50 round clip. OMG! And these are gun owners. Otherwise I would ignore them.

Rant off.

Have a great night all!

• Like 4

I get on others for not useing the right name for anything, mags, adjustable wrench, Linemans plyers, flat blade screw driver, philleps head screw driver, pistol, rifle, shotgun, rim, tire, wheel, motor, engine, wall outlet, lamp cord plug, it just goes on and on.

When someone askes Me

"What is that thing over there?",

My answer is,

"The only "THING" I am thinking is the thing between my OLs legs and that is called a vagina. Now what are you talking about".

It dont take long for them to learn the right name.

• Like 3

It doesn't bother me too much other than the fact that this is a common occurrence with the entire language and it's descriptive value. I consider it a cheapening of conversation and dialog. People think they are so intelligent and educated these days but would be astounded if they only knew how even common people spoke and expressed themselves in writing a hundred or more years ago. It was beautiful. Our language is becoming more blunt and and less expressive all the time. What a shame.

• Like 7

ehh, yeah stuff like that can grate on your nerves, but you have to let it go at some point.

Is it more important to you to be right and piss people off, or let it go and form and maintain friendships?

I figured since we are posting pictures of little dogs and talking about our fingernails around here, we may as well talk about our feelings too.

haha.gif

.... just keep using the correct term and accept their use of the incorrect term if you know what they mean. The ones that respect your knowledge will start using the correct terms like you do.

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

In a casual one time conversation with someone I don't know then I don't care anymore. I know what someone means when the say "clip". I'll use the proper term myself and if they don't catch on, well, I've got more important things to worry about. I may correct someone if it happens a second or third time.

• Like 2

I generally adhere to the maxim:"never try to teach a pig to sing, it will only waste your time and will probably piss off the pig." There is sooo much wrong with the world today that I need to strategically pick and choose my battles...

• Like 9

well said odd man.

you have a tendancy to sum shit up to where we can all deal with shit...i was wondering where you were for the past few days...i needed someone who could tell me how to spell.....

cool.png

but i mean that in all honesty and not to pick petty bullshit.

Clips are used to load magazines with a few exceptions. That said, if I get uptight about every misuse of a word then I'll probably die an early death from it, and quite frankly I don't feel that it's a big enough deal to cut my life short over. Besides, if you get all anal about one thing, it generally tends to lead to another and before long you lose it and they come and take you away, medicate you and you sit in your drool all day watching the pretty colors.

I get on others for not useing the right name for anything, mags, adjustable wrench, Linemans plyers, flat blade screw driver, philleps head screw driver, pistol, rifle, shotgun, rim, tire, wheel, motor, engine, wall outlet, lamp cord plug, it just goes on and on.

When someone askes Me

My answer is,

"The only "THING" I am thinking is the thing between my OLs legs and that is called a vagina. Now what are you talking about".

it's not a "flat blade" it's a " common" FYI

M1 GRANDES
this one annoys me

Unnecessary capitalization and terrible spelling and grammar are pet peeves of mine.

*M1 Garand

(Also, contrary to popular belief, the emphasis is on the first syllable in "Garand," not the second)

• Like 1

When someone askes Me

My answer is,

it's not a "flat blade" it's a " common" FYI

haha.gif

Thanks

Lol TimTim, I feel you on the spelling. I am often guilty when not paying attention on that one. Im open to dickness most times, haha let me have it.

What raged me past the limit was an online sale, I was tempted to send the seller a PM telling him his AR did not in fact come with two clips. haha. I resisted.

Im not really a raging A-hole in just a passive aggressive smart ass. lol Specificly, recently I was talking about selling a gun to a fellow co worker and another butted in. Well he was interested and asked how many "clips" it came with. Without thinking I spurted out. None.

Agitated, he responded. Uhh well how the heck do you think you can sell a gun without any clips! thats stupid! haha, I continued on with the other fellow.

I think in recent months seems to be more noticable or become worse just due to hype on guns.

That's what I like about this forum. There are several "passive aggressive smart asses". If I hear this mistake in the gun store, I take note of the person so if in the future I happen to run across them. I know to be careful and stay behind them. If it happens on the range, I will either move if possible or just leave. To me it is a sign of not having the proper training, hence don't want to be near when they are trying to operate a firearm.

• Like 7
M1 GRANDES
this one annoys me

I thought he was saying "Mi Grandes!". Like he was spanish and had tourettes and was just lashing out about his spanish nuts, but maybe not. I just say mags, and if they dont pick up they're a lost cause

Edited by VR6Shooter
  • Like 2

My name is Syndicate and I'm a recovering bullet holding device improper name caller lol

no but seriously I knew the difference and it was honeslty hard to try and make that switch when seemingly everybody called them by the wrong name. And it's also funny how even people I know that also know better, ie military background, also improperly used clip over mag. More recently, ~5-8 years people have seemed to get more educated on the subject and been rage face about it. Or maybe atlus shrugged on the issue for them as far as keeping quiet goes. Either way I don't lose any sleep over it for the simple fact that if I went around correcting everybody, I'd most likely drive a prius and smell my own farts or just come off as a complete douche.

It's an imbedded name to people, movies, tv, everyone that doesn't know better all calling something the wrong thing. It's like how a lot of fruits are still commonly called vegies, ie tomoto, or a fungus is called a veg, aka mushrooms. Do you hop on correcting people about that? *shrugs*

of course this is coming from the asshole that started a thread bitching about people cutting their nails at work, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1