Ok I admit Im a dick....but I cant stand when mags are called clips&#3

What really chaps my ass is when I read or see a gun related news story and the media says something like " The gunman was using a semi-auto revolver" or some stupid shit like that. I really doubt he was packing a Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver, a Mateba Autorevolver or a Union automatic revolver, so why would they say something that stupid?

Also, how much else is being said, not gun related, that is also way past being just inaccurate, it is down right untrue? I know, dumb question. It's a shit load.

Also, how much else is being said, not gun related, that is also way past being just inaccurate, it is down right untrue? I know, dumb question. It's a shit load.

Pretty much every political ad running for the last 10 years, imo. rolleyes.gif

The truth in advertising laws need be amended to apply to ALL advertising, including politician's speeches and ads.

That alone would cure a host of ills.

To simplify:

If a politician produces, either by voice, print or other method of dissemination, a falsehood, they should be punished under the Truth in Advertising laws, or tried for perjury, if the case merits.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

I was going into River Bend's (gun club) rule book, and it's called a clip in there. Had to figure out what range to use my shotty with slugs to get the red dot dialed in after boresighting.

I was honestly not expecting that.

When people go calling a magazine a clip when talking to me... I politely say " Magazines have moving parts. Clips do not. " and they have learned the difference quickly, and hopefully will carry that forward.

:smoke:

Since we're all going on about little terms being thrown around that aren't correct, I've got one and it gets thrown around on this forum a lot "mute point' it's actualy a "moot point" not mute as in not having sound, but rather

"moot :

1. open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.

of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.

Chiefly Law . not actual; theoretical; hypothetical. "

you know just FYI

Edited by poolingmyignorance

When people go calling a magazine a clip when talking to me... I politely say " Magazines have moving parts. Clips do not. " and they have learned the difference quickly, and hopefully will carry that forward.

000.gif

That is the best way of describing it I have seen yet. I just had an argument at work last week over this terminology. Personally, I think clips sounds cooler, but, since I learned in the forums years ago the right terminology, I have gotten to be a snob about it myself, and and can't stand to hear it used the wrong way. It depends on who I'm talking too, and what kind of mood I'm in as to if I correct them or not.
  • Like 2

LOL, Correctness can be fun. Like when the EX-wife's lawyer pulled out pictures of my rifles. One after the other, waiting for me to say AK-47 so he could call it an assault rifle. In all honesty... I don't own one.... Romanian AIM, Hungarian AMD, Egyptian MAADI, Chinese MAK-90......... etc etc etc.... Pissed him off. LOL

• Like 2

Hmm.. Didn't see the term "Barrel Clip" mentioned in this thread yet. Anyone else heard that term for a MD-20?

It makes me want to kick a puppy in the face...

No, what? Where in the fuck where you?

Hmm.. Didn't see the term "Barrel Clip" mentioned in this thread yet. Anyone else heard that term for a MD-20?

It makes me want to kick a puppy in the face...

No, what? Where in the fuck where you?

Sadly, I've heard it many times. Even a few times at one of the local gun shops.

From the owner.

Needless to say, I don't go to that one anymore.

I think it all comes down to whether or not you know what you are talking about and if you actually care.

It reminds me of my work. I get asked all the time what kind of "gun" I tattoo with. I just let them know that I shoot guns, I tattoo with machines. Same goes with "tats", "tats" are shitty $20 garbagethat you get in someones kitchen, garage, living room etc, a tattoo costs money and you admire because its refined art.

I'd never try to use a clip in my AK, wouldn't work and using a gun to tattoo would be bloody, possibly lethal.