• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 1mile50

1mile50

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

What really chaps my ass is when I read or see a gun related news story and the media says something like " The gunman was using a semi-auto revolver" or some stupid shit like that. I really doubt he was packing a Webley-Fosbery Automatic Revolver, a Mateba Autorevolver or a Union automatic revolver, so why would they say something that stupid?

Also, how much else is being said, not gun related, that is also way past being just inaccurate, it is down right untrue? I know, dumb question. It's a shit load.

#32 Ronin38

Ronin38

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Also, how much else is being said, not gun related, that is also way past being just inaccurate, it is down right untrue? I know, dumb question. It's a shit load.

Pretty much every political ad running for the last 10 years, imo. Posted Image

"Well, if you've been watchin, you know what 'gas-operated' means. If you haven't, well... that just tough ain't it?"

-R. Lee Ermey

#33 DarkStar

DarkStar

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

What happens if I see a magazine article about clips?

Can I clip the article out of the magazine?

My brain hurts!

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
  • Spartacus and Ronin38 like this

Put on some golf shoes or we'll never get out of this place alive.... impossible to walk in this muck, no footing at all

#34 patriot

patriot

America...Love it or get the hell out!

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

The truth in advertising laws need be amended to apply to ALL advertising, including politician's speeches and ads.
That alone would cure a host of ills.

To simplify:

If a politician produces, either by voice, print or other method of dissemination, a falsehood, they should be punished under the Truth in Advertising laws, or tried for perjury, if the case merits.

Edited by patriot, 05 August 2012 - 04:54 PM.

• Gulo likes this

Fighting for your rights whether you deserve them or not. Pro Patria Vigilans
"The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are constitutional rights secure." Albert Einstein ...remember the Four Boxes. Psalm 109:8
Tromix.....When it HAS to be Loud and Proud!

#35 MightyLordRay

MightyLordRay

Chuck Norris can kill 2 stones with 1 bird

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

You know what ticks me off!? When people express their feelings! Darn, I just got mad at myself...lol

j/k guys
  • Spartacus, Salmonking and Syndicate like this
Why make a law to disarm law abiding citizens if criminals are going to break the law anyway?
Pacifism is good as long as everybody is a pacifist.
Those who don't believe in God have a right to do so, and those who do have a right to Heaven.
If you can't laugh at yourself, then you can't join everyone else laughing at you.
Remember when you point a finger at someone there are three fingers pointing back at you. That's why I point with my whole hand.

#36 Syndicate

Syndicate

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

I was going into River Bend's (gun club) rule book, and it's called a clip in there. Had to figure out what range to use my shotty with slugs to get the red dot dialed in after boresighting.

I was honestly not expecting that.
If "elitist" just means "not the dumbest motherfucker in the room," I'll be an elitist! (From Get Your War On!)

ADD is a hoax. There’s no scientific and then there was a car chase, and ooh, I gotta go pee, then this guy, you’re funny! Yesterday I lemonade

#37 liberty -r- death

liberty -r- death

I walk where the devil dances. . .

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

There is no smiley for being O.C.D. ANAL, but if there were I'd be using it for this post. Posted Image
- even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while -
- Obuhmer won the election, we're fucked, keep on prepping -

#38 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Super Moderator
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

When people go calling a magazine a clip when talking to me... I politely say " Magazines have moving parts. Clips do not. " and they have learned the difference quickly, and hopefully will carry that forward.

:smoke:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#39 poolingmyignorance

poolingmyignorance

Saigapathic Maniac

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Since we're all going on about little terms being thrown around that aren't correct, I've got one and it gets thrown around on this forum a lot "mute point' it's actualy a "moot point" not mute as in not having sound, but rather
"moot :
1. open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.
of little or no practical value or meaning; purely academic.
Chiefly Law . not actual; theoretical; hypothetical. "
you know just FYI

Edited by poolingmyignorance, 05 August 2012 - 09:20 PM.

Our 2nd Amendment right is the most important of all, because it ensures us our ability to ultimately govern ourselves.
The ORGINAL Freedom of Religion is freedom FROM religion: My freedom from your religion and your freedom from mine.

**my post are meant to be general reference, and are not meant to be all inclusive. So if you say or atempt any of the actions that my postings reference ..your on your own*

#40 AK Okie

AK Okie

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

When people go calling a magazine a clip when talking to me... I politely say " Magazines have moving parts. Clips do not. " and they have learned the difference quickly, and hopefully will carry that forward.

Posted Image

That is the best way of describing it I have seen yet. I just had an argument at work last week over this terminology. Personally, I think clips sounds cooler, but, since I learned in the forums years ago the right terminology, I have gotten to be a snob about it myself, and and can't stand to hear it used the wrong way. It depends on who I'm talking too, and what kind of mood I'm in as to if I correct them or not.
  • Shandlanos and Spartacus like this
"My reading of History convinces me that most bad Government results from too much Government" - Thomas Jefferson

#41 mizombiekilla

mizombiekilla

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

OK, I admit it. I'm also a dick. Unrelated to people calling mags clips, I'm just a dick...that's all there is too it.

• Chevyman097 and Dad2142Dad like this

Winter is coming

#42 Ronin38

Ronin38

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

OK, I admit it. I'm also a dick. Unrelated to people calling mags clips, I'm just a dick...that's all there is too it.

"Well, if you've been watchin, you know what 'gas-operated' means. If you haven't, well... that just tough ain't it?"

-R. Lee Ermey

#43 Chevyman097

Chevyman097

What?

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,590 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

I love you for posting this. I have not heard it in a long time.
  • mizombiekilla likes this

#44 JonnyDingDongs

JonnyDingDongs

Militant Malcontent

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hmm.. Didn't see the term "Barrel Clip" mentioned in this thread yet. Anyone else heard that term for a MD-20?
It makes me want to kick a puppy in the face...
  • Shandlanos likes this

#45 akastormi

akastormi

Eccentric Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

LOL, Correctness can be fun. Like when the EX-wife's lawyer pulled out pictures of my rifles. One after the other, waiting for me to say AK-47 so he could call it an assault rifle. In all honesty... I don't own one.... Romanian AIM, Hungarian AMD, Egyptian MAADI, Chinese MAK-90......... etc etc etc.... Pissed him off. LOL
  • Spartacus and Dad2142Dad like this
Posted Image Posted Image

I know I did it, but I'm still blaming you.
Nailbomb > " When the SHTF, I got just enough ammo to make it to Stormi's house."

#46 DarkStar

DarkStar

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hmm.. Didn't see the term "Barrel Clip" mentioned in this thread yet. Anyone else heard that term for a MD-20?

No, what? Where in the fuck where you?

Put on some golf shoes or we'll never get out of this place alive.... impossible to walk in this muck, no footing at all

#47 JonnyDingDongs

JonnyDingDongs

Militant Malcontent

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

No, what? Where in the fuck where you?

Sadly, I've heard it many times. Even a few times at one of the local gun shops.

From the owner.

Needless to say, I don't go to that one anymore.

#48 ImperialArt

ImperialArt

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

I think it all comes down to whether or not you know what you are talking about and if you actually care.

It reminds me of my work. I get asked all the time what kind of "gun" I tattoo with. I just let them know that I shoot guns, I tattoo with machines. Same goes with "tats", "tats" are shitty $20 garbagethat you get in someones kitchen, garage, living room etc, a tattoo costs money and you admire because its refined art.

I'd never try to use a clip in my AK, wouldn't work and using a gun to tattoo would be bloody, possibly lethal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users