Which one do you recommend?

Ok so i am brand new to Saiga's assault rifels for that matter. So i am starting to build my gun collection very small as of now. i have to mosin nagants one of which i am sporterizing. Anyways im looking at these 2 different saigas from centerfiresystems im looking to spend $600 or less. these are the 2 i am considering: http://centerfiresystems.com/SAI-762HC-CEN.aspx which says in the description already converted to Ak style and i am assuming i wouldnt have much to do to it. Or i cant get this one: http://centerfiresystems.com/SAI-762IZ332.aspx And i can do the work myself to convert it over. Now i love doing my own work and that kinda thing but would it be easier to spend the extra $100.00 and have it done for me? Not to sure of what parts would cost for the conversion myself but $100.00 doesnt seem to bad to have done for you.

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated

I suggest getting the already converted one. All the hard work is already done, and you have a genuine Russian AK.

Depending on how handy/experienced you are with tools, you might do a better job than the company has on that already converted Saiga. If not, then you might mess it up somehow. Sometimes companies mess up too, though. For example, I recall seeing a welded bullet guide giving out and falling out.

Still, though, I'd say get the converted one. I had to learn a ton of things and put in hours of research before I did my own conversion.

• Like 1

I suggest getting the already converted one. All the hard work is already done, and you have a genuine Russian AK.

Depending on how handy/experienced you are with tools, you might do a better job than the company has on that already converted Saiga. If not, then you might mess it up somehow. Sometimes companies mess up too, though. For example, I recall seeing a welded bullet guide giving out and falling out.

Still, though, I'd say get the converted one. I had to leEarn a ton of things and put in hours of research before I did my own conversion.

Well said.

If you are not willing to put in the time to do research, Or you just can't seem to change a lightbulb without breaking something. Then go with a converted rifle.

If you are capable, have tools, and willing to do te needed research then 95% you can do a better job than most conpanies

• 2 weeks later...