I plan on taking the plunge on converting my Saiga within the following week. I ordered some parts from Mississippi Auto Arms, but I decided to use my Tapco T6 from my unconverted Saiga. I figured there was no reason to get rid of a perfectly good buttstock.

This is what I ordered:

Tromix FCG

DIY Trigger Guard

Tapco SAW Pistol Grip

Tapco Screws for the rivet openings

I'm assuming everything should be pretty much plug and play. Will I need to do any modifications to my safety? Thanks in advance!

This is for a Saiga rifle, right? This is in the rifle section, so I assume so.

It has 14 parts in its factory configuration I think, off the top of my head. The shotguns are a bit different, in that I believe they dont count the trunnion, but count the gas puck as well. You need no more than 10 foreign parts.

The parts that count on the rifles are

barrel/trunnion/receiver (3)

bolt/carrier/piston (3)

magazine (3)

FCG (3)

handguard and buttstock (2)

If you put your mentioned stuff on there, looks like you'll have barrel/trunnion/receiver (3), then the bolt/carrier/piston(3), then also the handguard. So only 7 parts if I'm not mistaken. Might even be able to use better mags if I counted correctly.

Also I don't know if you will need to mod your safety for that particular trigger gaurd, but you might have to do some work on the G2 hammer if it snags.

It looks like you are good to go with SGM mags. I hate stating anything as "authorative" when it comes to 922R or any laws because (1) I'm not a lawyer and (2) it would not be cool if someone listened to me and got in trouble. Maybe it's just an excuse to buy things...LOL...but I make mine all compliant without counting mag parts.

14 - 4 (FCG, buttstock) = 922r compliant without the magazine

This form is helpful. Like I say, I won't pretend to be an expert but it's important to get it right. I know some who ignore 922R entirely but they are responsible for themselves. Just select "Saiga Rifle" at the top, then select the origin of manufacture of the applicable parts. I noticed something just now on this form - the Saiga Rifle defaults to having a pistol grip. I've never seen a Saiga Sporter from the factory with a pistol grip. So, I believe one would have to de-select the pg from the checklist in order to be accurate.

http://jobson.us/922r/